[DEAL] Foxconn A3700 for $150.00
(2012-06-19, 19:20)jangjong Wrote: If anyone's still interested in this.. Newegg got this deal now

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856119050

$194.99

You get free 60GB Agility SSD, but it looks like there is $10 rebate for OCZ SSD Drives, so AR, it would be $184.99. If you were planning to get a SSD with it, this is a good deal.

Also you maybe able to use this $10 off $100 newegg coupon that has been coming out everyday. I think code 'FB1MTHANKS7' will work tomorrow, so if you get that to work, this will be $174.99. Not a bad deal.

this is the E350
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
(2012-06-19, 19:25)lagledavid Wrote: this is the E350

I know. I have this specific model. E350 / E450 there isn't too big of a difference. I was just throwing it out there in case someone was interested in something like this.
I just picked this model up with a 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD and 4GB of RAM. Installed 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate and updated all the drivers. I can't seem to get the wi-fi running properly, the network card is listed in the device manger but I can't seem to get the atheros or liteon drivers to recognize the card.

Anyway, it runs MQ3 beautifully. No lag or or hiccups of any kind. This thing really flies with an SSD inside.
(2012-06-19, 20:00)jangjong Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 19:25)lagledavid Wrote: this is the E350

I know. I have this specific model. E350 / E450 there isn't too big of a difference. I was just throwing it out there in case someone was interested in something like this.

I hope you didnt take that wrong, i opologize if so. i guess i was a little short in my response, but i was also just pointing it out.
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
(2012-06-19, 21:56)aguedo Wrote: I just picked this model up with a 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD and 4GB of RAM. Installed 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate and updated all the drivers. I can't seem to get the wi-fi running properly, the network card is listed in the device manger but I can't seem to get the atheros or liteon drivers to recognize the card.

Anyway, it runs MQ3 beautifully. No lag or or hiccups of any kind. This thing really flies with an SSD inside.

Thanks so much for confirming that! It will be interesting to see if it can handle MQ4 when it's released
(2012-06-19, 23:50)newoski Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 21:56)aguedo Wrote: I just picked this model up with a 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD and 4GB of RAM. Installed 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate and updated all the drivers. I can't seem to get the wi-fi running properly, the network card is listed in the device manger but I can't seem to get the atheros or liteon drivers to recognize the card.

Thanks so much for confirming that! It will be interesting to see if it can handle MQ4 when it's released

Not a problem! Frankly, I think this puppy could handle just about anything you can throw at it, it's really impressed me so far.

And to anyone who might have trouble with the WiFi drivers like I did, the intel drivers from the included DVD were the solution.
Would I be able to run sickbeard/sabnzbd/couchpotato on this, with sufficient RAM? I'm trying to build a htpc for my mom, this seems like the best option so far.
Well, I ordered this and now I got it.

My plan is to run it as my set top box to replace my Tivo Premiere. I also got 4 gig of ram, Intel 120Gb Cherry SSD (cost more than the A3700 and Ram) and a SiliconDust HD Homerun Prime (for CableCard). The CableCard pretty much limits me to Windows and Windows Media Center Angry (DRM is EVIL).

So, I get Windows all installed and it looks promising.

Real world usage is barely adequate. Windows Media Center is sluggish. XBMC nightly Confluence skin is good but Aeon Nox is slow. It seems to play Blu Ray back up folders (ripped with MakeMKV) fine. I'm using SMB to my office workstation until I have a NAS setup for NFS. My receiver is old so no DTS MA or Dolby TrueHD. Dolby and DTS are fine through the optical SPDIF. I have not found a good remote solution yet. Installing the MobleMouse server for use with my iPhone caused all kinds of problems so that came off.

And I can hear the fan.
Interesting result. I did try using Windows with this machine but i didn't like the performance under windows. so i went ahead witih openelec. runs Aeon Nox butter smooth under openelec.

If you're using this for simple XBMC machine, it's an awesome unit but to do everything you listed above in Windows.. hmm idk lol

i have this set up right next to the tv and there's prolly good 15 - 20 ft in between the tv and the couch.
i don't hear the fan unless i come real close to it.
White NT-A3500 for $139.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856119072

Seems like these go on sale everyday. Probably foxconn/newegg trying to get rid of them for the new ones
I'm looking for the cheapest possible htpc for my living room that will run aeon MQ3 butter smooth. I don't need it to do anything other than run XBMC with heavy skins (MQ3) flawlessly.Does anyone know if this will do it? I see where someone said it runs smooth with Openelec. I went to the downloads page, but I don't see that. Is there another name for openelec?
(2012-06-22, 16:06)jasmill1969 Wrote: I'm looking for the cheapest possible htpc for my living room that will run aeon MQ3 butter smooth. I don't need it to do anything other than run XBMC with heavy skins (MQ3) flawlessly.Does anyone know if this will do it? I see where someone said it runs smooth with Openelec. I went to the downloads page, but I don't see that. Is there another name for openelec?

http://openelec.tv/
I guess a lot of people are wondering if this can take Aeon MQ 3. There was someone that was able to.. but I will test this out tonight and maybe record a video of it. so just wait till tonight if you can.
(2012-06-21, 22:17)jangjong Wrote: Interesting result. I did try using Windows with this machine but i didn't like the performance under windows. so i went ahead witih openelec. runs Aeon Nox butter smooth under openelec.

If you're using this for simple XBMC machine, it's an awesome unit but to do everything you listed above in Windows.. hmm idk lol

i have this set up right next to the tv and there's prolly good 15 - 20 ft in between the tv and the couch.
i don't hear the fan unless i come real close to it.

Are you booting from a SD card or HDD/SSD? I'm probably going to pull the trigger on this and a cheap 8-16 GB class 10 SD card would make this deal even better.

Do you use a remote? If so, which one and can it turn the machine on/off?
I got it to work it with the OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD running W7, XBMC and a Teamviewer server so I can remote in and change things for my parents lol. Nothing else is running except XBMC with the MQ3 skin and it's perefectly fine going through menus. However, when you fast scroll on cover flow the outer posters on the screen will stick to the last poster that was loaded. Once you stop though, it instantly loads the rest.

But that's W7, I didn't try openelec or XBMCubuntu. If it's purely a client, you should have absolutely no problems.
I was pretty disappointed with the performance of this box running XBMC under Windows 7. fort *hits and giggles I thought I'd try openelec. I downloaded the Openelec 2.0 beta, installed it and fired it up. Took a bit of futzing to get the audio out of the optical spdif port working..

Man... what a difference.

Runs with grace and style. Aeon Nox skin is no problem at all. And the PICTURE...

I thought I was getting the best picture I could with my full bit rate 1080/24P blu-ray rips. Under Windows with the latest AMD drivers , 24P flickered noticeably and while smoother than 60P, it would still have stutters. Running with the Fusion build of Openelec, I think the flicker and stutters are gone. I have no idea why.

Now my problem... My plan was to replace my Tivo Premere with this box and a CableCard Tuner. Windows Media Center is the ONLY media center application that will work with CableCard tuners for HBO and Showtime and I was not impressed with it's performance.

Short of 2 boxes, I'm at a loss on how to have the "optimal solution".

I can still hear the fan.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEAL] Foxconn A3700 for $150.000