Win sometimes DXVA issues (colored pixelation, Intel)
Sad 
Hello,

Sometimes I get such a screen while watching a movie:

The menu is still ok, only the played movie has glitches. It doesn't depend on special movies. One day I can watch a movie without these errors, another day I will get this colored pixelation after a few minutes in exactly the same movie. Once occurred I need to reboot the machine or disable DXVA. Otherwise I'll get this annoying screen in all other h264-movies with DXVA-support. Trying another player (with DXVA) doesn't help either. Only reboot helps - or disabling DXVA. Unfortunately I need DVXA activated, without DXVA 25fps movies won't play smooth with XBMC (no drops (!), but not smooth at all).

I installed the latest drivers (also tested older ones), reinstalled Windows 7, ... still the same.

Maybe you have an idea?

Thanks in advance!

My system: i3-530, integrated gpu, ssd, 2GB ram, Win7-32, XBMC Eden
1st make sure you have the latest drivers from Intel and not Microsoft. Then you can turn on the DXVA as the renderer, but turn off DXVA2. I have a similar system and it works great that way.
Intel iGPU is known for not working well with DXVA enabled, but most Intel CPU's are powerful enough that it doesn't need it......you can try what I did in post #34....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
thank you

@kricker: doing so disables DXVA(1/2) in my opinion completely. You'll see it if you press "o" during playback, there's no dxva as decoder anymore.

@bluray: I have already the latest Intel driver, I immediately turn off UAC on every pc and the option "full screen window" is disabled. Turning off DXVA works with 24p movie material (~10-20% cpu load, no problem). But believe me, it doesn't work well with 25fps movies at all. Partially you won't notice problems, but during a whole movie there will be several scenes it stutters significantly. I don't think, but I also don't really know if it's cpu/bitrate-related. Watching 25fps-movies with disabled DXVA is really a pain. Therefore I need/want to leave it on.

I think I've tried nearly everything incl. new installation of win7. Next week I'll try another cpu, maybe the igpu in mine is buggy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sometimes DXVA issues (colored pixelation, Intel)0