FAQ
Lightbulb 
FAQ

Q: The Dim screensaver doesn´t turn off after appearing. is this a skin bug?
A: no, it´s not, seems to be an xbmc bug (probably windows-only). no other possibilty than changing/deactivating the screensaver atm.

Q: Nox 3.6 doesn´t show up in addon browser.
A: press "c" when "xbmc.org" repository is focused and then "force refresh"

Q: The spinning circle on startup is really annoying!
A: This has been done to give the startup scripts time to execute. You can press ESC or any navigation key to go to the Home menu immediately. Note that in future versions of XBMC the scripts takes less time to load and this functionality may be removed.

Q: Adding favourites as home menu entries does not seem to work. only a weird cluttered window appears:
A: look for something like
Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.Nox.CustomHomeItem1.Path">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;W:\Musikvideos\&quot;,return)</setting>
in guisettings.xml in your userdata folder.

and remove the 2
Code:
&quot;
May i suggest rewriting the favourites part, the solution isnt quite as clear as it should be, and i quite literally deleted the '2' from the line of code.
it'd make more sense to either correctly use the [ code] tag, give an 'after' which reflects the change, just like you've listed a 'before' with the suspect code in there, or just use a little colour coding to highlight the '&quot;' in the example and the solution. As it is, i mistook it for excess code pasted in.

ie:

Q: Adding favourites as home menu entries does not seem to work. only a weird cluttered window appears:
Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.Nox.CustomHomeItem1.Path">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;W:\Musikvideos\&quot;,return)</setting>

and remove the 2
Code:
&quot;

or

Code:

and remove the 2 &quot;

Looking at it now, im guessing you just copied & pasted it from a properly formatted explanation, and thats where the 'code:' came from, it just doesnt translate very well outside of the [ code][ /code] tags

Thanks for the explanation though, if you want to update the post and have me delete this post, to keep it tidy, let me know Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FAQ4