Linux Intel Core ix Gen 3 Support in XBMCbuntu?
Question 
Hello Everyone!

Quick question: I would like to build a HTPC using the Intel DH77EB Mainboard plus Core i3 (Gen2) and nVidia 430 GT. My question is:

Does XBMCbuntu 11.0 (Eden) provide support for the Intel H77 Express Chipset or is this still too "new" for the official release? Huh

Thanks!

Greetings,

Onbekend
What support are you looking for? There's nothing really for XBMC to provide, it would be the underlying OS, specifically Ubuntu Oneiric Ocelot, that would have all the software and drivers to support your hardware. You should be fine, unless you're looking for something very specific.
Thanks for the answer:

Basically I'm wondering if the chipset will be recognized properly so that all chipset/cpu features work (including energy saving options, standby, etc)... and also whether the chipset's USB 3 ports will be setup correctly.
ACPI, i.e. energy saving options, can be a little tricky sometimes, but again, that's not XBMC that's the underlying OS. My Sandy Bridge H67 mobo has the USB3 ports recognized, and I have Lubuntu Oneiric installed on my desktop, and the Intel IB USB3 chipset is recognized.
if you are talking about sandy bridge, you might be better off installing ubuntu 12.04.
Actually,, I was referring to the sandy bridge Core i3 processor plus H77 chipset (Panther Point) plus the nVidia 430 GT Graphics with XBMCbuntu...

Does XBMCbuntu update its drivers online?
Driver updates are usually done through apt-get. Your hardware should work fine with XBMCBuntu. There may be a couple of driver updates necessary once the base system is installed, but it should be fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Core ix Gen 3 Support in XBMCbuntu?0