Library not cleaning up
I suddenly have a problem I have movies that when I go to my movie list and hit sort by fan art I see fan art for some movies listed 2 or three times. I also have fan art that originally downloaded which was wrong and I had to do the search and then I down loaded the proper ones. If I go to sort by file the proper fan art shows up and the movie is listed only once. I clean the library and it still is the same. How do I get rid of the wrong fan art without deleating the movie. I have gone in under the incorrect fan art and done the get information etc but the old fan art still comes up and now I have another new fan art for the same movie. Eg Die hard is under a fan art in french and it is in there three times under the same proper fan art I get the information update it to the proper fan art and now I hvae 4 fan arts for the same movie. I disconnected the hard drive go to video hit clean library and it comes up and wants to update data and now I have a bunch of movies that are all the same and when i go to clean library it does not get rid of this. I checked and I do not see any info about this any where.
Do you by chance have the source added more than once? When you go to settinhgs and run a clean library, it will remove anything that can not be found. So if the source is missing those items will get deleted.

Are you sure your folder/file structure matches one of the examples given in the wiki?

Sometimes to see he new fanart or poster if you just changed it, you need to exi the library view and re-enter it. This mostly only needs to be done if you are trying to replace artwork that was local to newly scraped online artwork.
Here is what I have done.
I go to the settings tab, remove all sources, clean library and go back to the Video tab and all 4 tabs are still there. (Movie) (File) (Library)(ad Ons) This shouold be clean, except for the two tabs. I go into the Library tab click on the files I and hit the remove from Library I do this 5o or so times and finally one disappears. It show I have 38 items but 6 pages worth. This all happened because I had the update Library button clicked on and every time I started the program it would scan and scan and it went from 4 pages to 6 pages. They seem to be coming from my main hard drive as I have a couple of movies on it and they show up as well.

Desperation set in I have removed the program, searched my computer for any other XBMC files, shut down my computer, new download, reinstallled the program and then when I go into the program go to the Videos tab everything is still there. This should not be. It is a virign program so where or why is it taking this information. I have done the same process on my other computer and it works perfect. New program go to the Video tab and the only thing there is the Library and Add On tab.

I have added a hard drive as a source, added the movies fan art etc. Go to the Video tab click on Movies and or Files tab and those son of B files are still there. I go to the Video Tab under settings and clean the library from there and go back to the Video tab and all 4 tabs are still there. I go to the Movies or Files tab and all the listings from my hard drive are gone except for those others.

I have tried the clean library tab from other spots and they will not remove. Where or why is this information being put onto the new programs when I run it from a new install is my biggest question. There must be a hidden file that I do not know about. Any ideas. Like I said I spent a hour and a 1/2 last night manually removing the files and I am down 1 page. To me if I click on remove from Library tab the file does not get removed. I even renamed them with no luck The one I rename disappears after a few attempts but the rest are still there.
I went onto it again If I go into the files and click on one of hte file folders it is called edit smart list. Could this have something to do with this problem
when I go into the program click on the tab Video; Click on the Tab under that named (Library) and in there are 5 files. The one has a camera and a arrow on the front of it is for the Smart List The other is has another camera on it but with a clock emblem on the top left side and it has these files in it, and there is another folder with a camera on it nothing else and it has these files in it as well. then there is the one that looks like a hard drive used as a video source and it is set to None. I cannot deleate these. No matter how many times I hit the clean my library tab they are still there. These must be my source of problems.
Most of those are default items that should show up. The one wih the clock is for recently added items. They should have text names to say what they are.

If you want to start from scratch, you need to clear your usersdata folder. You can find it's location detailed in the XBMC wiki. The userdata folder contains all your settings and databases. If you clear that, it will start as a fresh installation. Then go into videos and add a source and set its contents.
Kricker Thanks for the attempt I did that already. like I have stated above I have removed the enitire program, searched for anything with XBMC in it delated them, emptied trash shut down computer and it all still comes back up. I tried one more step. I actually did not clean my library before I deleated the entire program. I did all the above. When I ran the new program all is there. It is not a "virgin proogram" There is a file on my computer that this \program is picking up that I have not removed. It is a brand new Dell bought just so I can use this and this is really upsetting me. Help I have it on a acer and on another Dell and have been using it for years with not a problem.
When I go onto my other computer and clean my library there are only two items under Videos, then files They are Movies and Add Videos. On this one there are the 4 as stated. On my other when I right click it allows me to clean the library and delate source. On this computer it does not give me those options. I somehow need to deleate those two files.
I did a search for all files delated emptied trash bin shut off computer restarted and this time I did another search to find out if there were some, there was deleated them then did a search for a hidden file and there it was Deleated it delated all files with title Movies all files with user data and did a new down load and it works. Seems the file was hidden Should have thought of that one right off the go Tks guys
So you are all fixed up now?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library not cleaning up0