hardware for frodo
Anyone have suggestions of hardware for a new frodo system? I need to be able to do full blu ray playback with HD audio output. I am looking at a few Acer and Zotac that have AMD e450 processors and ati 6320 video. Anyone have one? any problems?
How much are you looking to spend?
Are you wanting a pre-built unit or a unit that you build yourself?
My full HTPC build log:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129352
Core i3-2120T 2.6Ghz, 4gb Kingston DDR3, mSATA SSD, Moneual 312 Case, GT520 GPU
It seems that users are happy with their Lenovo Q180- my new Lenovo Q180 XBMC HTPC, post #7.....

Here is the complete info on it- IdeaCentre Q180 Compact Desktops
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Pre setup thing like the revo 3700 etc are preferable. I see acer has an updated some things. I see RL70-UR10P, and X1 AX1430-UD30P. The both have the amd e-450 processor and ati 6230 video. Is this enough to run full 1080p blu ray, with full HD audio thru HDMI? I could build a system but for the money these all in one systems are cheap enough and is all set up in a small case and ready to go.
I have the AsRock E350M1, and it is too weak to run XBMC+Windows7+BD-ROM+bitstreaming....I installed Nvidia GT430 in it to get smooth playback. If you get the pre-built, there is no room for a discrete GPU.......
The Q180 will bitstream your hd audio using Frodo as long as you have a receiver capable of using the hd audio streams. The Acer unit's won't ! I have set up a relatives Q180 and it will play full bluray iso's using hd audio perfectly.... in fact its made me upgrade my acer 3700 (just waiting now) !!
Have a look...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=148856
BooToo
"What does not kill me makes me stronger"

Shuttle XH61V | Celeron G530 | 2Gb DDR3 | OCZ NOC-MSATA 120Gb | Harmony One | XBMCbuntu 11.0
SYNOLOGY DS1812 | 6 x 2Tb WD20EARS in RAID 6

If you appreciated my help or one of my guides, feel free to buy me a drink via PAYPAL
Do you notice that you are replying to a very very very old thread?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hardware for frodo0