Win Windows Nightly Build Memory Leak
I am having a serious memory leak with the latest nightly builds (all of the nightly builds in May and June so far). After re-scraping my entire library, I can consistently cause XBMC to crash. All I had to do is go into my movies menu and hold the down or up arrow to quickly scroll through my movie collection. As this is happening, I can see XBMC's memory usage climb from 200 megabytes to about 3 gigabytes until XBMC finally crashes. I have tried several different skins including Confluence in case this is a skin issue. However I still can get XBMC to crash. Could this be caused by the new image caching done in the latest version of XBMC?

Here is my debugging log: http://pastebin.com/WdBBfwsz

I did a search for this problem in the forums here and I could not find anyone reporting this. Has this been reported? Does anyone else have this issue?

Win7 64 bit
Intel Core i7-3770k
Nvidia GTX 480
Running Aeon MQ3
I have also noticed this in Frodo alpha2.
W7 32bit
Can't replicate on test machine.
XBMCSetup-20120531-12d9d51-master (31-05-2012)
T9300 + HD2600 + Win7
Dirty regions 1280x800 Alaska Revisited

But i did see this error in another threads:
Code:
ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: E:\Downloads\Apps\XBMC\......
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Thanks for the replies!

I went ahead and rolled back to the XBMCSetup-20120531-12d9d51-master build and I still am getting the same results. I did find that once I turned off extra-fanart, it took longer for XBMC to crash.

I forgot to post my system specs:
Win7 64 bit
Intel Core i7-3770k
Nvidia GTX 480
Running Aeon MQ3
Sorry to double post. I have noticed that I get this error right before XBMC crashes:
"CD3DTexture::Create - failed 0x8876017C"

Has any of the devs even noticed something like this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Nightly Build Memory Leak0