• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
I'm happy to announce the Rdio addon for XBMC. Rdio is a subscription music service which allows you to manage your music collection and playlists, play and download them to various devices and discover new music through your friends and followers.

Installation
This plugin can be installed from the official Kodi addon repository. You will also need an Rdio API key - instructions on obtaining one can be found on the wiki.

Bugs and Feature Requests
There are some troubleshooting steps for some common problems on the wiki. Please check here first.

You can ask questions, report bugs or make feature requests here in this thread, or use the issue tracker. When reporting a bug or problem make sure that you include the following with your bug report:
  • A debug log
  • A description of how to reproduce the bug
  • Your XBMC version
  • Your platform (XBOX/Linux/Windows/Mac/ATV)

Translations
If you would like to use this plugin in your own language, all you need to do is send me a copy of the plugin strings file with all the text translated.

Roadmap
Roughly prioritised list of features I'm thinking about implementing. Unfortunately I have limited time these days to work on this addon, so there are unlikely to be major changes quickly. That said I'll still try to make some small updates as time allows.
  • Switch "collections" to new "favourites" API
  • Artist bio
  • Better info handling (including "year" infolabel)
  • Search history
  • Prefix albums by artist in album list?
  • Artist sorting when multiple pages
  • Paging of artists list (possibly retrieve in chunks instead?)
  • Scan Rdio collection to XBMC library
  • Fanart
  • Rdio personalised radio stations
  • Refresh page after adding/removing from collection
  • Playback history
  • Online status of friends
  • List song played of friends
  • Sync to mobile
  • Create/delete playlists
  • Add whole albums and other playlists to your playlists
  • Add tracks to XBMC queue ("play later")
  • Cache Rdio API call results for faster menu navigation
  • Huh (make a suggestion!)

Change Log
Version 1.14.1 (2015-01-10)
  • This plugin is now hosted in the official Kodi addons repository!

Version 1.10.0 (2013-11-23)
  • New icon
  • Show new releases this week, last week and last two weeks
  • Fanart (front page only)

Version 1.9.0 (2013-07-16)
  • Collection radio
  • Fix for playback error when stream mode not set (thanks matt-moser)

Version 1.8.0 (2013-06-17)
  • Spanish translation (thanks Dpons039)
  • German translation (thanks efty.edge)
  • Fix for authentication issues
  • Fix for errors when displaying menu items with accented characters

Version 1.7.1 (2013-01-27)
  • Fixed bug showing playlists with no icon or length

Version 1.7.0 (2013-01-16)
  • Playback fixes
  • Use better quality images for album art (thanks nmunson)
  • Portuguese and Portuguese (Brazil) translations (thanks iurifq)

Version 1.6.0 (2012-11-11)
  • Play "artist radio station". This plays a random selection of songs from an artist and other artists related to that artist. The algorithm for determining the song to play next is described in this post.

Version 1.5.0 (2012-10-14)
  • Add track to any of your playlists
  • Remove track from one of your playlists

Version 1.4.0 (2012-09-23)
  • Show sad face if track or album is not streamable (ie: due to regional licensing restrictions)
  • Subscribe to and unsubscribe from playlists (via context menu)
  • "Top Charts" menu - shows top albums, artists, playlists and songs on Rdio

Version 1.3.0 (2012-07-01)
  • Search for playlist
  • Link to show all albums for an artist
  • Album lists are sortable by album name, date and artist (when applicable)
  • Add song/album to your Rdio collection (via context menu)
  • Remove song/album from your Rdio collection (via context menu)

Version 1.2.0 (2012-06-17)
  • Browse new release albums
  • Browse heavy rotation albums in your network
  • "More from this artist" link whenever you browse an artist or track list from a particular artist
  • When selecting artist in your collection, show albums from that artist in your collection rather than tracks (only if there is more than one album)

Version 1.1.1 (2012-06-16)
  • View people in your network and play their albums, artists and playlists
  • Search for album/artist
  • Browse artist's top albums, top tracks and similar artists (after search)
  • Large album collections are paged to prevent timeouts

Version 1.0.0 (2012-06-11)
  • Basic authentication and playback
  • List and play your own collection by artist
  • List and play your own collection by album
  • List and play your playlists (including collaborative and subscribed playlists)

Enjoy!
nevermind figured it out have to download the raw file

Thanks
Thanks for the addon! I've been waiting a long time for a Rdio addon.

It was working wonderfully until a few hours ago on my ATV 1 (Eden).

I can't listen to my collection by album now. Everytime I try to access the albums' list I keep getting a "Script failed!: rdioplugin.py" error message.

Everything else (playlists and collections by artist) is working well.

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/yADTsY4z

Thanks for your helpfulness.

UPDATE: sometimes - very, very rarely - I am able to have access to my album collection and play it.
@herrflick, how many albums do you have in your collection? I've seen this once before when accessing a large collection - I may have to look into paging the results. Will investigate further soon.
Thank you, ampedandwired for your support!

I've 500+ albums in my collection. In fact, I only reached 500 yesterday, as I did add a bunch of new albums to my collection throughout the day. So you might be right about what causes the error, for sure.

Unfortunately, I can not rep you (maybe I've fewer posts than needed or just can't figure out how to do it), but you deserve some reputation in this forum for an addon requested by many and fantastic support.
Thanks herrflick, I'm happy if people find the plugin useful!

I'll look at increasing the timeout for rdio api calls for v1.1. It won't "fix" the problem, but will at least increase the probability of the call succeeding on large collections. Will look into a proper (paging) fix for 1.2.
i joined before i looked at the wiki, and dont have a api, is it still possible to use this addon, as i cant see hopw to get a api key now!!
Thanks
Yes, you need to get an Rdio API key to use this addon. Did you follow the directions on the wiki under the "Get an Rdio API Key" section? If so, what part are you stuck at?

If you've already registered an API account on "developer.rdio.com" but haven't yet got an API key, you can login here with your Rdio API credentials then click on the "Apply for an API Key" link, then follow steps 4 and 5 on the wiki.
Lol, i have sussed it now,. i guess drinking a 660ml bottle of cider at 3am and trying to enter keys ain't the right time..anyways working a treat and thanks for this, never heard of the site till now...i'll probably subscribe to be honest!
May I tell you what I would like to see in the addon, besides the great additions you have on the roadmap? A "Artists/Albums/Songs" structure in the "Artists" list and a "Rdio" blue background.

Keep on the good work!
Yes please, feature suggestions very welcome!

You mean having a list of albums when you select an artist, and then a list of songs once you select the album? Sounds like a good idea. Maybe jump straight to the track list if you've only got one album for the artist.

Not sure how to change the background color... will have to look into it sometime. Would be nice to be able to have a completely custom skin like some of the other music addons, but that's a bit beyond me right now Smile

I've released version 1.1.1 today. Notable changes are:
  • View people in your network and play their albums, artists and playlists
  • Search for album/artist
  • Browse artist's top albums, top tracks and similar artists (after search)
  • Large album collections are paged to prevent timeouts

Update your plugins, and let me know if you have any problems.
(2012-06-16, 09:44)ampedandwired Wrote: You mean having a list of albums when you select an artist, and then a list of songs once you select the album? Sounds like a good idea. Maybe jump straight to the track list if you've only got one album for the artist.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. In my opinion, it would emulate the album-centric experience of Rdio better.

Thanks for the update. New features greatly improve the plugin!
Hot on the heels of 1.1.1, I've released 1.2.0. Notable features:
  • Browse new release albums
  • Browse heavy rotation albums in your network
  • "More from this artist" link whenever you browse an artist or track list from a particular artist
  • When selecting artist in your collection, show albums from that artist in your collection rather than tracks (only if there is more than one album)

Let me know of any problems.
Works great on ATV2 thank you for your great development
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon2