• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
You're making really fast progress on this plugin; this is super impressive. Here are a couple of suggestions:

- Search for playlists

- Add item to playback queue (like "play later" on web interface)

I'm not sure how easy the second one would be given that the android app doesn't even have that capability.
Thanks, the Rdio API is pretty good, which helps crank things out fast.

Search for playlists should be easy. Do you think it should be combined with search albums/artist, or a separate menu item?

When you say "add to the playback queue", do you mean the queue in Rdio, or in XBMC? If you mean the former, looks like there's an undocumented API call that might do the trick if I can reverse engineer it, although not sure why you'd want to do this? If you mean the XBMC queue (playlist), I think its possible, just need to figure out how.
I think the playlist search would work best as a separate menu item.

I meant add to XBMC queue so you could, in theory, search for a bunch of songs/albums and queue them up for listening on XBMC.
OK, that makes sense. I'll put playlist search into the next release, and see if I can get queuing into the one after that.
Smile 
Hi

Thank you for a briiliant plugin Smile

Please can u help me with a few questions.

1. Please, please, can you show more albums for an artist, when i look at an artists albums in the rdio desktop or ipad app it sometimes shows 40 albums, yet on xbmc it doesnt show more than 9...is there anything i can change to see more than 9 albums ?

2. Pleae can you make it possible to snyc to mobile , so it can be listened to later when offline like on the desktop rdio software ?

3. Pease can you show playlists like the "billboard 100" that we can subscribe to, like on the desktop app ?

4. How do i add a song to collection or to "albums" ?

Thank you
(2012-06-21, 14:20)lionking15 Wrote: 1. Please, please, can you show more albums for an artist, when i look at an artists albums in the rdio desktop or ipad app it sometimes shows 40 albums, yet on xbmc it doesnt show more than 9...is there anything i can change to see more than 9 albums ?

I assume you mean when you choose "Top Albums" when viewing an artist? I purposefully limited this as it's supposed to be just a "best of" list, kind of like the page you see when you first click an artist in the Rdio web app (which shows 8 top albums plus 10 top songs).

I could add another menu item "All Albums" to list them all fairly easily. Or change "Top Albums" so it does show all, but sorted by popularity. Thoughts? Either way I should be able to get this in for the next release.

(2012-06-21, 14:20)lionking15 Wrote: 2. Pleae can you make it possible to snyc to mobile , so it can be listened to later when offline like on the desktop rdio software ?

I can't see any way to do this in the official Rdio API documentation, but it might be possible with an undocumented call. I'll add this to the feature backlog and see if it can be done in a future release.

(2012-06-21, 14:20)lionking15 Wrote: 3. Pease can you show playlists like the "billboard 100" that we can subscribe to, like on the desktop app ?

You mean a feature to search for playlists? If so this is already scheduled for the next release. If not, can you explain in a little more detail what you'd like?

(2012-06-21, 14:20)lionking15 Wrote: 4. How do i add a song to collection or to "albums" ?

This feature is most likely going to be part of the next release (have a look at the "Roadmap" in the first post of this thread)
Hi Ampedandwired

Thank u for your response, and thank u once again for a great plugin.

1. Changing "Top Albums" so it shows all, and sorted by popularity would be great, that way the top 9 albums that are showing currently would be the first albums, and the rest of them would follow...to go one step further would be to have an option to sort alphabetically as well.

2. That would be great, thank you.

3. In the ipad app, if u click on "Top Charts" and then "Top Playlists" it then shows u the Billboard Hot 100 playlist and about another 20 playlists, then if u click on "Subscribe" it adds that whole playlist to your selections.

4. Thank you

Thanks Smile
Decided to go with a separate "All albums" approach for showing all albums for an artist. Main reason for this is that the current XBMC python API doesn't yet support sort by play count, so the "top" sort order gets lost when you try to sort by other fields. Good news is you can sort the "All Albums" list by both date and artist.

I added the "Top Charts" / "Top Playlists" feature to the backlog, will probably go out in the 1.4 release.
Version 1.3.0 has been released. Notable changes:
  • Search for playlist
  • Link to show all albums for an artist
  • Album lists are sortable by album name, date and artist (when applicable)
  • Add song/album to your Rdio collection
  • Remove song/album from your Rdio collection

The add/remove options are found in the context menu (right click) for albums and tracks.

Update your addons and as always let me know if you find any problems or have any suggestions.

Enjoy!
Hi! I recently stumbled into this addon, but I can't get it to work properly.
The addon seems to go as far as sending my username and password (it returned a wrong password message when it was actually wrong), but after that I just get the generic "Script Failed! rdioplugin.py" message.
I'm running the latest XBMC stable version (11 Eden) on Windows 7 x64.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here's the debug log:
http://pastebin.com/5xrwwgE0
That's an odd error. I can see it logging in and authorising the API successfully so it looks like you've got username/password and api key/secret correct. It fails when it actually tries to use the API for the first time. It seems like it's getting an incorrect oauth token from Rdio somehow, but the only way I can see that this can happen is if the Rdio API is playing up somehow.

I'll dig into it further when I get a chance, but in the meantime could you just try it again a few times? It's possible that the Rdio API was just messed up over the weekend (I had some intermittent problems with it myself).
1.3 not working this morning, says script failed when I click on one of my songs in a playlist

See the log here http://pastebin.com/dkQa0SSN

Hope you can fix

Thanks
+1
Yeah, I'm getting the same thing Sad Rdio must have changed their flash playback API. I'll try and fix it tonight when I get home from work. It could be quite a tricky fix though depending on what they've changed.
hi i installed rdio addon and cant get it working i can search for songs,albums etc but when it plays i get rdio pluggin error im running XBMC on win7 is the problem with rdio or is it my setupHuh
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon2