• 27(current)
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
Thanks bluezed.

It's working great here with free account but only preview.

The new api killed the fun lol
I found a "workaround" so AMF playback works with full songs...

If you log into the Rdio website with a browser there's a cookie called "r". If you copy the value of that cookie and place it into the rdio-state.json then that cookie will allow you to play the full songs.
Looks something like this in that file then:
Code:
ssS'rdio_cookie'
p8
S'eyJfdiI6IDAsICJfdSI6IDIU1NjkyNiwgIsdfZkda982ksdhl9sb2NhbGUiOiAiZGUifQ.10Ou9DxsJt9OROATqi9tTycmbZY'

Obviously this isn't a long-term solution but appears to work for now.

Would really appreciate any help in automating fetching this cookie somehow but it's tricky as the Rdio website is basically a Javascript app...
plugin works, thanks bluezed. but only in preview mode for me. i logged in to Radio account but i can not find the Cookie. i looked here:

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies
but there is no rdio Cookie. can you help me?
just noticed another problem. with old rdio api the quality was 192 kbps. at he moment quality ist only 96 kbps. is there somthing you can do?
The quality is probably due to the previews, the full streams should be better quality.

As for the cookie... I'm on Linux and use Firefox with Firebug and in the Cookies tab in Firebug you can see them all and inspect their values.
Screenshot here:

Hope that helps...
now it works with that "cookie method" for full songs. but quality is only 96 kbps.
ok a small problem
where is this rdio-state.json? I cant find it
I tried to create a new file for it but I still get the previews only
Can you plzzzzz tell me where this file is xactly located??
Rest everything works and thank you very much for it
(2015-07-20, 09:09)Nijo Job Wrote: ok a small problem
where is this rdio-state.json? I cant find it
I tried to create a new file for it but I still get the previews only
Can you plzzzzz tell me where this file is xactly located??
Rest everything works and thank you very much for it

search for this file and you will find it. if you use windows as os you have to search in folder ..../roaming/kodi
Thanks I found it at C:\Users\Nijo Job\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.rdio\ in my Windows 8.1 pc
(dp1
S'playback_token'
p2
VGglVrebYAhgeZ250eXFtemJndG5odHprZHhlcjVtN2psa2ltbG9jYWxob3N0acrS1viXRl5dunHayhagig==
p3
sS'rdio_api'
p4
(dp5
S'auth_state'
p6
(dp7
ssS'rdio_cookie'
p8
S'eJyrVorPyU9OzElVslJQSs1T0lFQigexjQ1NTc0sjcxA_FIQ39TQ2NTA3BLELwPyDWoBvZ0OHg.hgrs6C2AUU9QkzvoXHAWzZh1aS0'
p9
sS'current_user'
p10
Vs35135079
p11
s.

Added 'r' cookie data as said before
But still I am getting only previews but I am having no problem in web viewSad
Plzz tell me what I am doing wrong
Sorry, no idea what you're doing wrong. If that's the correct cookie data then it should work... Has been working here since Sunday without problems.

In the file you should only have to replace the actual cookie data between S' and ', nothing else.
Hi all

it does not work for me after i type the api key and secret key and get the screen for authorization every time i insert the code on the screen to the rdio.com/device link it say successful but then when i enter the rdio add on again i get the same popup for doing authorization again and again in infinite loop .

did some one see the same behavior ?
Hi bluezed

i also see that rdio addon version is not v1.15.2 , its v1.15.1 any chance that its the reason it does not work for me , i downloaded the zip file from you repo .

thanks for working to fix it , rdio is the best add-on i have.

Tzach
I am getting the following message on first run of the addon:

Error trying to Authorize!

{
"
e
Finally it started to work in full and not preview.

Thanks

Tzach
I just found and installed your RDio addon two days ago. I attempted to follow your directions from the wiki to get and Rdio API key. Unfortunately, when I tried to go to http://developer.rdio.com/member/register, I got a blank white page with "Area Not found" in the upper left hand corner.

I inquired with RDio customer support about this, and here was their reply:
------------------------------------------
We no longer support OAuth 1.0 via Mashery1. You should be using be creating an OAuth 2.0 application instead2.

1: http://blog.rdio.com/developers/2015/06/...aunch.html
2: http://www.rdio.com/developers/create/

Devin Sevilla
API Engineer, Rdio Inc.
http://rdio.com/people/devin_s/

-------------------------------------------
I was just wondering if there's any chance that the addon and/or instructions will be updated to work with OAuth 2.0. Thanks for the great work!

Sincerely,
Big T
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon2