Linux Empty library with Frodo
Well, recent changes in master code in XBMC FRODO, Go to submenu TITLES in TV SHOWS or Movies, broken access to collections in GUI, the library is ok. I Try in others skins, same results.

Look this image, this happen after change 06.09.2012, for reference:

Previous compiltions (06.08.2012) results in correct access for me, look this image:

I did a fresh install, always with the same results, access to recently added movies, results ok for me, in today built, but the error still appears in the current build.

If I return to build 06.08, all work well. Windows 32 bits here.

Thanks,

Wanilton

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
A few people have reported this error now but also a lot of people (including myself) don't run into this problem and everything works fine. The problem most likely has something to do with CGUIViewState handling and the new sorting implementation I committed a few days ago but neither me nor jmarshall can reproduce as it works fine in all our installations (for me that's 3x Windows 7 and 1x Kubuntu). Thanks to Martijn I have a debug log (see http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3441) and a call stack from the exception (see http://pastebin.com/r405T1Fc) but it didn't help pinpointing the problem so far.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
garbear has found the cause of the problem/crash (see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/f5b8...nt-1441582) and I'll look into fixing it ASAP this evening. Thanks garbear.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that for a temporary workaround you can go to Settings -> Appearance -> File lists and disable "Show parent folder items" and you shouldn't run into the problem anymore.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hello all,

I'm currently testing some Frodo builds on Ubuntu, and have come across a strange bug.

Have there been any big skinning changes relating to how libraries are displayed recently?

Basically, I'm using a MySQL library for movies and tv shows, with remote content, thumbnails and NFOs stored on my Unraid server and accessed via SMB.

I can add the content to my library just fine, but when I click on "Movies" in either Aeon Nox or Confluence, I get this:

But the funny thing is I know it's seeing the library ok because it still shows the "recently added" stuff on the widgets just fine:

Does anyone know what's going on? Not a huge issue since I can still access my content through file mode, but it would be nice to get the old library back.

Thanks!
Please don't post any bugs in the dev section!

Issue is known and being worked.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for moving my post Martijn - sorry for posting in the wrong section - I just assumed that since it was an alpha release it belonged in development.

Glad this is being looked at. :-)
I've just pushed a commit that fixes the crash. It should be in the next nightly build.
Crash seems to be fixed. Still the Library View is empty. (Latest commit from Master 4f9f8e7f24647dbca8683df9b91e3a21aa77502f)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Empty library with Frodo0