Win Duplicates file in the media library even though only one file actually exists ????
Question 
My problem is that I see two of each file in my library .

Computer1 : Running XBMC ,MySql,Sickbeard,Sabnzb and windows home server 2011
IPad : Running XBMC

What I did was to install MySql then create and advanced settings file and put it on the ipad and Computer1 so that both xbmc’s would be pointing to the MySql database. I then shared my media folders using windows file sharing.
I deleted the data base I was using on computer 1 because it was using a flat file (XBMC’s default setup) to store the database. I then added the network locations for the movies and tv episodes to the xbmc on Computer1 and let is scan after I was done I opened up xbmc on the ipad and was able to see the content.

My proble is that now when sickbeard sends a notification to xbmc to update the media library after a download is finished it works but then 2 of each file appear in the library even files that where there long before the current file are duplicated so that if you go to TV series A -- > season 1 you will see episode 1, episode 1, episode 2, episode 2, episode 3, episode 3 and so forth.Both links to each episode work and play the correct file.

For a while I was just going and running a library clean up though the system menu on computer1 and that seemed to work and remove the duplicates, but that no longer seems to work at all, it finishes running and the duplicates are still there.

Please could someone help me or give me an idea of how I could sort this out thank you.
There'll be 2 separate paths to the same item - check in your db.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-06-12, 23:14)jmarshall Wrote: There'll be 2 separate paths to the same item - check in your db.

Just wanted to add my thanks, had one location using SERVERNAME not IP. Another time I've blamed xbmc for me mucking something up!

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicates file in the media library even though only one file actually exists ????0