• 37(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
Filter / TAG question ?

But first of all..... This is AMAZING !!! - Xycl | MikeBZH44 | Alexsolex

I have done a small test of this database today with 13320 pictures (about 4GB) and there is only 2 small bugs that I found and I also have 1 feature request.

Small bug 1
The first small bug is that when scanning the pictures on my Raspberry Pi 2, it reboots suddenly after about 9000 images but this can be random I think.I only went in it again and clicked
My Picture Database
Paths of picture folders
[+] /storage/pictures/ [recursive=ON,update=ON]
and scanning started again with no problem.
it rebooted 3-4 times before all pictures was in the database and the filtering is just AMAZING

Small bug 2
When I create a shortcut (Add to favourites) for "Filter Wizard" and tries to start it from kodi favourites, it hangs on "Opening stream" title shows "My Pictures Database - 100%" and the "Cancle" button.
If I create a shortcut to "My Picture Database" and then click "Filter Wizard" then everything works great.

I have used Picasa to name tag my whole familys pictures with about 230 000 pictures that I will store on 250GB SSD USB 3 drives and deliver to each family member with a final setup with raspberry pi 2.

Feature Request !
Or how do I find images where only 1 person is present in the picture?
In Filter Wizard I can find this:
If I select "Filter Wizard" - "Person" and select ONE name it will display all images where this name is = OK
If I do the same and click "Match all tags" it will display same result when only 1 person is selected = Why not make filter criteria the say.... if only one person is selected the "person" TAG must only contain this person.

off-cause when you select multiple persons everything works as expected even the filter "Match all tags" works as expected but also here we can use a filter choice where pictures must only contain selected persons.

Thank you very much for this AMAZING addon, I just love it !!!
Small bug 1
I think it's a memory issue. But I'm not sure.

Small bug 2
Kodi expects a playable item or a list view with items as a favorite. Therefore you cannot add the filter wizard.

Feature Request !
"Match all tags" means that if you selected two different persons the found pictures must contain both persons.
You have an "AND" condition within the same tag type.

ATTN: between different tag types like title, person or keyword there is alway an "AND" condition.

E.G.: You select country Spain and France and additionally person A and B.
Without "Match all tags" you'll get pictures
  • from Spain with person A
  • from Spain with person B
  • from France with person A
  • from France with person B

With "Match all tags" you won't get any pictures because there is no one with France and Spain.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
(2015-03-25, 22:32)mbuzina Wrote: One (last?) question: the (exif?) tags you use are more limited than the ones the built tag reader finds, is that true? The internal one shows things like FStop (Blendeneinstellung), Focal Depth (Brennweite), 35mm equiv, ISO, Exposure, etc. These are not available as tags in your plugin? Not that I miss them much, just asking for completeness.

I'll look at it. I'm not quite sure which tags are read.
No log no help.
(2015-03-30, 04:52)gsulshski Wrote: ...
So, when I use exiftool short version... I see make, model, camera type, aperture, width, height..etc

When I look at the metadata on the viewer portion....

I only see Name, Colour/B&W (Black and White ..it is a Color) , white balance, Jpeg process (unknown) , Flash Used and Date/Time.

The rest are blank...

As an example there are EXIF tags for "Image Make", "Image Model", "EXIF ExifImageWidth" and "EXIF ExifImageHeight"
No log no help.
(2015-03-26, 00:06)mbuzina Wrote: Another Q: is it possible to add individual thumbs to tags & tag value folders? It would be great to set a picture for a person folder for example.

No it's not possible and not on my road map.
No log no help.
(2015-04-09, 10:37)Xycl Wrote: Small bug 1
I think it's a memory issue. But I'm not sure.

Small bug 2
Kodi expects a playable item or a list view with items as a favorite. Therefore you cannot add the filter wizard.

Feature Request !
"Match all tags" means that if you selected two different persons the found pictures must contain both persons.
You have an "AND" condition within the same tag type.

ATTN: between different tag types like title, person or keyword there is alway an "AND" condition.

E.G.: You select country Spain and France and additionally person A and B.
Without "Match all tags" you'll get pictures
  • from Spain with person A
  • from Spain with person B
  • from France with person A
  • from France with person B

With "Match all tags" you won't get any pictures because there is no one with France and Spain.

Thank you but I think my english is not good here, sorry.
So there is no way to show only pictures with one person only
lets say i have alot of pictures with Peter that is only of him and these pictures can be used as pass photo pictures and i only want to see these pictures not all the other pictures where there are multiple names in the persons TAG.

Thank you very much for quick reply ?
The only possibility is to use the red check mark for all other persons in the filter wizard. Because that means "NOT".
No log no help.
(2015-04-09, 13:42)Xycl Wrote: The only possibility is to use the red check mark for all other persons in the filter wizard. Because that means "NOT".

That would be perfect if I only had a few people, but I have over 300 persons in the family tree database so here is my last request if it is possible...

Select ALL = red, green or none buttons ;-)

Then I can only DeSelect the person I want to show in the result

If this is possible this database can do everything and even more than I can think of right now ;-)

Thank you again ;-)

Br,
Knut Klo
(2015-03-31, 11:36)JockeSve Wrote: Feature / change req:
1. Allow use Chron expressions for "Update service" scheduler instead of "Minutes between ...".
2. Add "Re-scan library" in main menu

Just my 5 cents...

?
Sorry if this is a daft question, as I looked through the first few pages but didn't find anything relevant -

If I select the 'Paths of Picture Folders' option, and then 'Add a Path to Database', I only see EXTUSB and PICTURE ADD-ONS as options, not a browse button to navigate to where the photos are all stored on my NAS. What have I done wrong?
(2015-05-25, 12:47)stigdu Wrote: Sorry if this is a daft question, as I looked through the first few pages but didn't find anything relevant -

If I select the 'Paths of Picture Folders' option, and then 'Add a Path to Database', I only see EXTUSB and PICTURE ADD-ONS as options, not a browse button to navigate to where the photos are all stored on my NAS. What have I done wrong?

Go into the main menu item Pictures -> Add Source
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Thank you, working now!
(2015-04-09, 10:39)Xycl Wrote:
(2015-03-25, 22:32)mbuzina Wrote: One (last?) question: the (exif?) tags you use are more limited than the ones the built tag reader finds, is that true? The internal one shows things like FStop (Blendeneinstellung), Focal Depth (Brennweite), 35mm equiv, ISO, Exposure, etc. These are not available as tags in your plugin? Not that I miss them much, just asking for completeness.

I'll look at it. I'm not quite sure which tags are read.

Exif tags are:
"Image Model",
"Image Orientation",
"Image Rating",
"Image RatingPercent",
"Image Artist",
"GPS GPSLatitude",
"GPS GPSLatitudeRef",
"GPS GPSLongitude",
"GPS GPSLongitudeRef",
"Image DateTime",
"EXIF DateTimeOriginal",
"EXIF DateTimeDigitized",
"EXIF ExifImageWidth",
"EXIF ExifImageLength",
"EXIF Flash",
"Image ResolutionUnit",
"Image XResolution",
"Image YResolution",
"Image Make",
"EXIF FileSource",
"EXIF SceneCaptureType",
"EXIF DigitalZoomRatio",
"EXIF ExifVersion"
No log no help.
Hello I just moved to Kodi 14.2 and Aeon MQ6 and I loaded your XYCL Addon repository but when I open the link to find MyPicsDB I have an empty screen ?
Right click on XYCL repository (or press c key) to get contextual menu and select Force refresh Wink
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1