• 38(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
Thank's it run fine
Hi guys.

This add-on looks pretty great.

Any chance of adding it to the official repo? That will really encourage skin integration as much more users will get access to this add-on.

(2014-09-28, 14:42)phil65 Wrote: hey,
before we used window properties and started your script with
RunScript(plugin.image.mypicsdb,0,?action='setproperties'&method='Latest'&sort='Added'&limit=10)

since we skinners do not use window properties to create listitems anymore it would need some specific plugin path for us skinners to keep the functionality.
(i tried to use plugin://plugin.image.mypicsdb?action='showpics'&method='lastpicsshooted'&name='The%2050%20latest%20pics'&page='1'&viewmode='view' for example but the onclick does not work then)

Adding this will make skin integration much much easier and open up for a lot of new possibilities.

EDIT: Also, could you please rename your skin files to script-mypicsdb-DialogAddonScan.xml, script-mypicsdb-filterwizard.xml, script-mypicsdb-googlemaps.xml, script-mypicsdb-translationeditor.xml to avoid conflicts with other add-ons and maintain normal add-on structure?

Cheers
Gade
1) A long time ago ..... after a controversy with team xbmc I decided to retract MyPicsDB from official repo.
2) I can rename the skin files. But why? Skins or add-ons don't load files from mypics directory.
3) What do you mean with normal add-on structure? Have I overlooked a new wiki entry?
(I tried to access kodi.wiki but currently it has the speed of my 1990's phone line)

Xycl
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
Hi Xycl.

Thanks for getting back so soon.

I have decided to add support in the Rapier skin, as I could really use this add-on myself.

(2015-09-04, 10:41)Xycl Wrote: 1) A long time ago ..... after a controversy with team xbmc I decided to retract MyPicsDB from official repo.

I see, too bad. I would love to see this addon in the official repo.

(2015-09-04, 10:41)Xycl Wrote: 2) I can rename the skin files. But why? Skins or add-ons don't load files from mypics directory.
3) What do you mean with normal add-on structure? Have I overlooked a new wiki entry?

I actually just meant that most add-ons follow this naming structure.

If I skin these dialogs and include them with the skin, they are placed in the skin.rapier/720p folder and will conflict with other files with the same name. Most likely there will be no conflict, but it could become an issue at some point. A lot of PVR add-ons have the same window names, and that's quite a pain to include those. Naming the dialogs script-mypicsdb-xxx.xml will solve this conflict.

Hope this makes sense Smile
(2015-09-04, 14:10)Gade Wrote: Hi Xycl.

Thanks for getting back so soon.

I have decided to add support in the Rapier skin, as I could really use this add-on myself.

(2015-09-04, 10:41)Xycl Wrote: 1) A long time ago ..... after a controversy with team xbmc I decided to retract MyPicsDB from official repo.

I see, too bad. I would love to see this addon in the official repo.

(2015-09-04, 10:41)Xycl Wrote: 2) I can rename the skin files. But why? Skins or add-ons don't load files from mypics directory.

I actually just meant that most add-ons follow this naming structure.

If I skin these dialogs and include them with the skin, they are placed in the skin.rapier/720p folder and will conflict with other files with the same name. Most likely there will be no conflict, but it could become an issue at some point. A lot of PVR add-ons have the same window names, and that's quite a pain to include those. Naming the dialogs script-mypicsdb-xxx.xml will solve this conflict.

Hope this makes sense Smile

Skin files renamed in new version 13.3.5.
No log no help.
(2015-03-25, 14:31)mbuzina Wrote: @Xycl: Great plugin, was exactly what I was missing. I thought by now Kodi would have a pics database builtin, but this plugin closes the gap perfectly.

I have one suggestion for parsing the Path to Keywords: If you add a translation to StrPath you get one tag for each pic with the full path. My suggestion would be:
1. Strip the root of the path away, as it is the same for all pics (in this added folder), optionally replace it by the name of the added folder
2. separate the path based upon each folder and add these as tags for the picture

This would allow me to browse by path as usual and to browse by keyword/directory in addition to that. Sample:
c:\Pics\Vacation\Rome\ --> pictures would have the keywords Vacation and Rome
c:\Pics\Events\Birthdays\Emily\Emily 10th Birthday would have the keywords Birthdays, Emily, Emily 10th Birthday

So you could filter for all Birthdays. Or for Emily 10th Birthday, or all Vacations, etc.

2nd Whish: Allow the start of a slideshow everywhere (incl. recursive). Right now you can start slideshows on the topmost entries, and by pressing play when you are in a folder with pics, but no recursive and no starting of a slideshow before the contents of the folder is shown.

Thanks again!

New version 13.3.6 has a new tag called partialPath
No log no help.
(2015-09-07, 14:08)Xycl Wrote: Skin files renamed in new version 13.3.5.

Thanks a lot. I will add support for the dialogs in the Rapier skin.
Hi Xycl.

Could you please tell me what the window script-mypicsdb-DialogAddonScan.xml is used for? How do I activate it?

Cheers
Gade
Thank you so much for this app! Quite amazing, just what I needed.
I just had a quick question about the Tag Translation list. Is that list saved somewhere in plaintext, IE is it possible to edit it in an external text editor? I don't have a keyboard hooked up to my Kodi, so editing the list by remote control is rather time-consuming...

<3
/sverker, Malmö, Sweden
(2015-09-10, 14:40)Gade Wrote: Hi Xycl.

Could you please tell me what the window script-mypicsdb-DialogAddonScan.xml is used for? How do I activate it?

Cheers
Gade
It's used until Frodo. Since Gotham there is a background loading dialog available for addon.

(2015-09-17, 13:06)monkeyslut Wrote: Thank you so much for this app! Quite amazing, just what I needed.
I just had a quick question about the Tag Translation list. Is that list saved somewhere in plaintext, IE is it possible to edit it in an external text editor? I don't have a keyboard hooked up to my Kodi, so editing the list by remote control is rather time-consuming...

<3
/sverker, Malmö, Sweden

The list saved into the database.
No log no help.
(2015-09-19, 14:36)Xycl Wrote:
(2015-09-10, 14:40)Gade Wrote: Hi Xycl.

Cheers
Gade
It's used until Frodo. Since Gotham there is a background loading dialog available for addon.

Thanks for getting back. I kind of figured that it isn't used anymore Smile
Hello, first of all many thanks for this great plugin. I'm trying to use it in order to handle my pictures database (quite large, about 60.000 photos, ~250Gb). I'm using it on a Raspberry Pi model B running RaspBMC (not updated anymore as RaspBMC became OSMC - still on Kodi v14.x).

I've two questions. I tried to look inside the thread but wasn't able to find an answer.

1) At the moment I've scanned about 30.000 photos using sqlite database as backend. The browse-by-folder process has become painfully slow. Don't know if migrating to a MySQL backend could help (sqlite database is now about 70 MB). I've read of people using sqlite databases of more than 1 TB without any particolar performance issue. Still trying to figuring out why browsing by folder is so slow, as far as I can see indexes are properly created and the select statement used should not be such a big deal for the sqlite engine. Anyway: I guess if I want to try with MySQL, I will have to manually import into MySQL my current sqlite database (no big deal for me). Just thinking, may be could be useful ot provide some sort of database migration inside the plugin (i know database migration can be a pain in the ass to maintain .. just my 2 cents)

2) I've built some collections. I would like to be able to see slideshows showing photos in the same exact order I added them to the collection. Most collections are about trips, so it makes sense to see pics in the same order I took photos. At the moment, the collections randomize photos by default at every play, changing slide show order every time, and there is no way to change that behavior. I had a look at the sqlite database with SQLite Studio. The structure looks quite simple and clean, for collections there is just a relational table containing photos and collections id (a row for every photo in the collection). I'm guessing if no particular sort order is given, while performing the select on the database (performing a "select * from <collection table> where collection id is <collection id>"), the database backend should present the results in the same exact order as the records were written into the table. Would it be possible to add a setting that may let users choose between "random order" and "record order", and to store this setting inside the collection, together with the playlist?

Thank you
anyone?
To 2)
The Kodi builtin command SlideShow is used.
It has a parameter (random or notrandom).
If it's called with notrandom then the slideshow will show the pictures in alphabetical order!
That's the reason I used random.

Currently I don't see a possibility other than writing a new slideshow functionality within MyPicsDb to fix your problem.
No log no help.
Thought it was simpler, but life never is Smile
A flag to be able to set random / alphabetical for a given collection could be enough.
Since most of the times alphabetical order is the same as chronological order (most cameras use names like "pict_9001","pict_9002", and so on) that should do the trick anyway.
May be you can consider to add this feature some day in one of your next releases?
Thank you anyway.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1