• 40(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
Currently not, but it's a good idea.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
Yes Indeed. Also, being able to remove all page options instead of some.
Since your addon is the only one that does any sort of usable sorting in Kodi, you win at least. Keep up the good work!
More options are always better Smile
(2014-09-28, 14:42)phil65 Wrote: hey,
before we used window properties and started your script with
RunScript(plugin.image.mypicsdb,0,?action='setproperties'&method='Latest'&sort='Added'&limit=10)

since we skinners do not use window properties to create listitems anymore it would need some specific plugin path for us skinners to keep the functionality.
(i tried to use plugin://plugin.image.mypicsdb?action='showpics'&method='lastpicsshooted'&name='The%2050%20latest%20pics'&page='1'&viewmode='view' for example but the onclick does not work then)

So, any progress or items in the roadmap to address what seems to be the new way to use widgets? I am trying to add to latest Aeon Nox (via custom widget configuration) but cannot seem to do so -- tried all sorts of approaches but the widgets now seem to need a different input (as phil65's post indicates above).

As everyone else says, great work! And -- its a shame this is not in the mainline as Kodi is missing anything worthwhile from a picture management viewpoint. This plugin's current functions would have a huge impact on the picture capability of Kodi.
Is there a setting to automaticly run "search for new pictures" (in the background) when Kodi starts?
All I can find in the settings is an option to "perform scan at addon startup" but that does a whole new database scan and is not what I want. The search for new pictures is much faster.

Also when any setting is choosen all other settings will start at the setting that is alst used. Can this be changed so it will directly go the option that is selected?

Thanks.
(2016-01-04, 17:00)heula Wrote: Is there a setting to automaticly run "search for new pictures" (in the background) when Kodi starts?
All I can find in the settings is an option to "perform scan at addon startup" but that does a whole new database scan and is not what I want. The search for new pictures is much faster.

I'm also interested in this. Or a possibility to search for new pictures when running Mypicturesdatabase without a monitor. Usually when I add photos I don't have my kodi box connected to the monitor (which I hide away when I don't watch it) and I want to initiate a search whenever I add photos.

Johan
(2016-01-20, 09:38)asplundj Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 17:00)heula Wrote: Is there a setting to automaticly run "search for new pictures" (in the background) when Kodi starts?

I'm also interested in this. Or a possibility to search for new pictures when running Mypicturesdatabase without a monitor. Usually when I add photos I don't have my kodi box connected to the monitor (which I hide away when I don't watch it) and I want to initiate a search whenever I add photos.

Johan

MyPicsDB Update Service
No log no help.
I'm trying to figure out how to start a scan process through my browser.

I have tried
http://192.168.100.7:8080/kodiCmds/kodiH....RunScript("/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb/scanpath.py",--database)

inspired by information from this place
https://github.com/Xycl/plugin.image.mypicsdb

I have also tried replacing kodi with xbmc but I only get "File not found"

This would be an excellent way to do for me if it worked
(2016-01-26, 21:41)asplundj Wrote: I'm trying to figure out how to start a scan process through my browser.

I have tried
http://192.168.100.7:8080/kodiCmds/kodiH....RunScript("/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.image.mypicsdb/scanpath.py",--database)

inspired by information from this place
https://github.com/Xycl/plugin.image.mypicsdb

I have also tried replacing kodi with xbmc but I only get "File not found"

This would be an excellent way to do for me if it worked

According to http://kodi.wiki/view/Archive:Web_Server_HTTP_API this is deprecated!
No log no help.
I have just loaded this addon. I tried scanning a folder with lots of folders within folders. There are about 10000 photos in it. When MyPics scan the folders it gets hung up about 150 photos in.

I am trying to troubleshoot by deleting the photo that it hangs on but I am not having much luck. Can someone point me to a "How to" for troubleshooting a problem like this and/or tell me how to capture and transmit a log if required for someone here to tell me what my problem is
Hi guy's

I am searching for the right device that can host my tagged Photo Archiv and also display's it directly to my TV via HDMI. I hope this Kodi Solution ( Kodi / MyPictureDB Plugin ) will be the right Solution that works for me. So my Question is......

Can i order and use the "Amazon Fire TV Box" for this Job?
Works this "Kodi / MypicturesDB Solution" on Fire TV with full Feature support?

I plan to plug an extern HDD via USB to the Fire TV that host the Photo Archiv.
I'm not sure anyone reads this thread.

I am trying to do this myself. See my question a few replies back.

I gave up on this addon when I could never get it to scan all my photos.

I do use an Amazon Fire TV. I find the Kodi slide show to be OK with the caveat that the "random" feature leaves a bit to be desired.

I also use 2 PC based solutions. I use the same TV and a Wireless Display Adaptor to send to the TV. I use 2 programs - Irfanview from the web and Picture Frame Slideshow from the Microsoft Store (running Windows 10 on PC). They all work pretty well though Irfanview doesn't do Pan and Zoom.
Hi Bonnie,

i am not sure if i understand your last post correctly because my english is not so good.

At this moment i don't have any experience with Kodi so i can't say anything to that, sorry. :-( Maybe the scan fails because you use a to high "directory deep" (to much sub-directories) or other things like that. Do you checked out a different directory organisation? I don't know what's going wrong in your case.

For me....., the first and very important point is..., to find someone with an working "Amazon Fire TV / Kodi / MypicDB" Setup before i buy the Amazon Fire TV.

I want to be sure that i understand your last post correctly. i ask you again....

You try to run a Kodi with the "MypictureDB" Add-On on your Amazon Fire TV but still have problems to scan more than 150 photos? Is it right?
I have my pictures on a OS X machine and use NFS to access the pictures with MypicDB with Kodi on a FireTV. There is a special setting that you have to enable for NFS in the mypicsDB settings. I have many pictures.

Of course, your pictures maybe stored in other ways and kodi/fireTV can access them with mypicsdb

I suppose you could use the FireTV device itself to store the pictures ( USB(up to 64GB on a fire TV 1) or a large microSD (up to 128GB on a fire TV 2) )
Ok......, your setup: "Fire TV - Kodi - MypicsDB" is working! That sounds good for me. :-)

But there is one thing....., that also is very important for me. I am looking for a solution that creates no network traffic like cloud storage or other Server / Client based solutions. The photos should be provide by the device (Fire TV) itself. So yes......., you are right!

The plan is to plug an extern 2,5" USB - HDD, where the photos are store, via the USB port directly to the Fire TV.

But now i am worry about the limitations you wrote in your last post. Are you sure about that?
The Box only supports low capacity USB sticks and microSD cards?
No USB HDD support?

Maybe there are some existing workarounds or "Howto's" that makes it possible to use also high capacity USB HDD's?
@sisko (and others ... )
I have a moderate picture collection currently 8000+ pictures on my NAS and I have Openelec/Kodi with MyPicturesDB on three Raspberry PI 2's.
It works quite well. Without MyPicturesDB it would be a total misery to manage that amount of photos without possibility to use EXIF info/tags.
I really hope that someone is skilled enough to incorporate all features of MyPicturesDB into Kodi native code.
Unfortunately there hasn't been any progress on image/picture side of Kodi for quite some time... :-(
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1