-> powers up by itself on 5.1.1?
Does someone have this issue? I updated to latest version of ios for ATV2, and since then, the ATV2 powers by itself from time to time.

Any thoughts on this?

S@
Check for IR signals - don't sit on the atv2 remote Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-06-13, 16:34)Memphiz Wrote: Check for IR signals - don't sit on the atv2 remote Wink

Big GrinDDD Did both. None helped Big Grin
Mine does this constantly, I think it might have something to do with Airplay since it normally is around the time that I unlock another device.
Then just disable airplay and see if this fixes the poweron...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-06-13, 22:29)Memphiz Wrote: Then just disable airplay and see if this fixes the poweron...
It's not something that (in my opinion) needs fixing, just an observation.

It also turns itself back off after 30 seconds or so.
... turns itself off? ATV2 can't turn off.
(2012-06-14, 10:23)Ned Scott Wrote: ... turns itself off? ATV2 can't turn off.

Turn on, power up...
The ATV2 can sleep/awake, it cannot power on/off, that function is provided by manual control over the AC power plug. In other words, plug it in and it will power on, pull the plug and it will power off Smile
We are aware of that (since half of the forum floats in that question Big Grin) but I'm referring to the "awake" state. ATV2 awake by itself.
Thats the calling home function of apple then Wink (in fact the little white led is not a led, but a camera - so put on your pants when you cross the atv2...).
(2012-06-14, 13:44)Memphiz Wrote: Thats the calling home function of apple then Wink (in fact the little white led is not a led, but a camera - so put on your pants when you cross the atv2...).

I thought the same for a while but 2 years of drug deals directly in front of it and nothing so maybe Apple is a fan of drugs. Who knows Tongue
Last night in bed I noticed the same thing, This was on 4.2.1 actually. The Apple TV woke op for about 30 seconds and then went back to sleep. While nobody was touching remotes. So it doesn't seem to be a 5.1.1 thing.
to get this back on track, post a log or move on...
Jester there is nothing to get back on track here. Its just a iOS thingy and nobody blames XBMC for it Wink.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
-> powers up by itself on 5.1.1?0