Flickering screen
I tried XBMC last year about this time but had some troubles getting it tweaked just right.
I just now downloaded it again and after installation I opened it and the UI was blinking.
I could hardly set up a scan of my files. The screen blinks on and off, some times very regularly like once a second, then intermittent, then it wont for half a minute, then back to regularly blinking...no rhyme or reason to it.

This only happens with XBMC.

My system:
AMD Phenom™ II X6 1065T Processor
FOXCONN 2A92 Motherboard
16.00 GB total memory
ATI Radeon HD 5570 video card (obviously not the greatest)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1

Debug log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3492

Any ideas?
Enable debugging in Settings>System>Debugging, exit, then try it again and post that log - it will have more detail in it.

Also try grab the latest ATI drivers.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I hope this is helpful.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3548

By the way I updated my ATI drivers...no difference.

Can you ensure the setting System>Settings>System>Video Output>Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen is disabled (unchecked)?

If that's good can you right-click on the XBMC icon, select properties, then Compatibility and tick the box marked "Disable Desktop Composition"?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
The first suggestion did not apply as it was already unchecked.
The second suggestion seems to have worked. Interestingly my desktop color scheme changed. This has happened before a few months ago when my PC indicated that resources needed freeing up and suggested that I revert to a W7 basic color scheme. When I followed your second suggestion the color scheme changed and I got a pop up notice "the color scheme has been changed to Windows 7 basic"

I suppose it might be my video card, it's not the most robust.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help.
Very welcome.
I'm back to a flickering screen.

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3593

This is a tremendous drag. Every time I run XBMC I get an immediate pop-up that indicates Windows had to "revert to a basic color scheme because a program is incompatible with certain visual elements"
Clearly that program is XBMC.

I dont blame XBMC, Windows 7 64 bit has been a CONSTANT pain in my a**. Getting this OS to get along with many programs has been MADDENING!

Anyways, thanks for any help.

P.S. I searched the web for the color scheme problem and it's not common but it does happen, and there hasnt been any fix that I've found. I dont know that it is related to the flickering but it seems to me it almost has to be.
I found the following thread which helped: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...3pid287180

While the specific fix noted in the thread didnt apply to me the program Riva Tuner did note and fix an inconsistency in resolution between my video card and my display. I've got to run an HDMI to my 58" plasma and see if it's flickering in that configuration. The flickering on my PC monitor is gone again, hopefully for good.

The issue with the color scheme remains.
Additional info indicates: The following program has performed an action that requires Windows to temporarily change the color scheme to W7 basic:
Program: XBMC
Process Identifier: (PID) : 2676

I'll have to look into this.

Arent computers fun!

I'm aware this is quite old, but when I came across this issue-- I thought that it was related to the desktop integration, but it turned out that I had check-marked the "Dynamic contrast enhancement" box in the Advanced Tab of of the Video properties on the nVidia Control Panel. Maybe this is something else you guys could pass through your checklists...
I just experienced this myself, at first I thought it was the file but after playing it flawlessly in VLC I found my problem.

I'd recently installed Desktop Fusion for multiple monitor support.

after I quite the program no more black screen flickers in Gotham.

What tipped me off was that the screen flickered at random intervals even when I had my media paused.
Well...if you got problems with 3rd party addons (and mostly addons which aren't supported in here), we can't help, because most of these addons aren't legal. Look at the "banned addons wiki page". So if you installed some of those repositories and/or those addons, you're on your own.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Click the link above to see an incomplete list of those addons and repositories.

For a help....remove all those addons and repositoried, and play a local file and look if you still got issues
(2014-07-06, 06:31)Slightslinger Wrote: I just experienced this myself, at first I thought it was the file but after playing it flawlessly in VLC I found my problem.

I'd recently installed Desktop Fusion for multiple monitor support.

after I quite the program no more black screen flickers in Gotham.

What tipped me off was that the screen flickered at random intervals even when I had my media paused.

I know this is old (not too bad though), but thought I would update this as well. I started having flickering on my setup after I installed Display fusion as well. I disabled the titlebar buttons and no more flickering! No need to disable it!
(2012-06-13, 20:02)DDDamian Wrote: Can you ensure the setting System>Settings>System>Video Output>Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen is disabled (unchecked)?

If that's good can you right-click on the XBMC icon, select properties, then Compatibility and tick the box marked "Disable Desktop Composition"?

Thanks
The first suggestion really helped me. Took away "Ghosting??" picture.
About the second one, right click on xbmc icon--where (what page or?) is the icon?
im running a window 7 32 bit hp mini 1104 and ive tried everything on this page ad it still flickering in my pc

please help
ps im using kodi 15.1 isngard
have same issue with Kodi 16.0 running on my linux based qnap nas. The flickering occurs only on the home screen and stops if i chose 'windowed' mode. I'd like to keep it fullscreen though.

also, i noticed the flickering does not occur with the confluence skin. Currently i'm using Box, but same happens with Titan too.

anyone knows what can i do to stop the flickering?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flickering screen0