• 5(current)
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]
http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/product...#downloads
I bought one of these a week or two ago and, I don't think I even had to enable it, it worked great out of the box (Gotham, latest from xbmc.org).

Since then I have 2 dead (cheep) keyboards and a windows 7 machine that will no longer start up (will troubleshoot when I have time), it may be unrelated but win8.1 reports a power serge "a USB device is trying to use too much power" and has no problems with the cec adapter disconnected, I will try it again and see if it causes the same error but I don't want to kill my expensive gaming keyboard, any other USB devices or my gaming rig..

Came here looking to see if anyone else was having the same problems, have not read the whole thread.. Yet.
All seems to be fine now, the keyboards might have gotten wet (used by a 4 year old). Replaced the hdmi because the end came off in my hand and had a pin broken. The windows 7 machine now starts (Idk maybe the broken hdmi was causing it not to post??) and I haven't seen the USB power serge message at all since getting it working.

Works great, might even upgrade the bedroom TV so I can use one there.
i'm having problems redefining some keys on my new tv's remote in kodi (acutally running xbmc, just wanted to get used to the new name...)

if i press back on my remote, log says
Code:
13:11:21 T:140171106293504   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> 01:8a:91
13:11:21 T:140171106293504   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): vendor remote button down (8A)
13:11:21 T:140171106293504   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - key pressed: return (Samsung) (91)
13:11:21 T:140171106293504   DEBUG: PushCecKeypress - received key e5 duration 500
13:11:21 T:140171749226432   DEBUG: OnKey: 229 (0xe5) pressed, action is ContextMenu

So i edited my remote.xml. tried everything i could think about. in <remote> with key id (<8A>, <91>, <e5>, <229>) xbmc doesn't read the xml file, complaining about a missing closeing tag (althought it was clearly there). Then i tried it with <universalremote> but it didn't work either. Tried <obc229> anyone who got it working and could give ma a hint? My wife realy loves the smart remote from our new tv (realy.. she started calling it "my lilte baby" -.-).

I can't simple change <title> (wich seems to be universalremote 229 code, when looking at the code) because my "normal" remote should also work. it's the Hama Remote with the eventclient.
cd /pub/ && cat Beer
I've a short question.
How can I stop "libcec service"? I tried to use hibernate for kodi... but it allway restart if CEC-Adapter is enabled...
So I will stop cec service before hibernate and start again with resume...
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
Are the devs still on this thread? Will try a question here before posting a to customer support. I am experiencing resolution problems when using CEC Adapter. Sometime when powering on my HTPC and TV, I got the interface set to 800x600 resolution which results in XBMC showing up as a small window on the center of the TV. Sometimes I am given the option to choose the resoltion to 1920x1090p under Systems->Video Output, sometimes not. I don't recall experiencing issues like this before. My setup is a HTPC (Zotac IONITX-PE) connected directly to a 46" Sony Bravia 2011 model.

A second one. CEC Adapter seems to be "detected" everytime XBMC resumes from suspend. Is there a way to let it permanently configured on XBMC. This "detection" sometimes takes time (I have seen it taking 10-15 secondes) and during that time the remote does not control the HTPC.

Regards
Hi,

I have CEC adapter, but, when i have started HDMI CEC (after windows is started), KODI cannot connect to CEC adapter. After HDMI CEC app i closed, KODI connect to adapter. Problem is, that I need use CEC with KODI and with Windows too (to swith on TV after resume and off after sleep). How can I configure CEC/KODI to use it simultaneously in Windows and KODI?

Thanks.
That is not possible because the COM port the use adapter simulates can only be used by one application at the same time.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

OK, thanks. So, next question. Can CEC turn off monitor after screensaver on Windows is started, or after "turn off monitor" function in power properties? Is any better application, that is lib CEC tray from Pulse?
You can try EventGhost.
http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...1bb6615018
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

Hi, my CEC-adapter stopped connecting to Kodi a few days ago. I can still find it in the Peripherals settings, but it doesn't connect. Anyone else with the same problem?
(2015-01-12, 18:49)Tobby Wrote: Hi, my CEC-adapter stopped connecting to Kodi a few days ago. I can still find it in the Peripherals settings, but it doesn't connect. Anyone else with the same problem?

If you are using a Receiver, disconnect any other HDMI devices. Some devices like Android media boxes can disrupt the HDMI-CEC signal.

Does somebody know how to manage the WAKE up function on the Pulse-Eight USB CEC adapter?
When I power-off my Reciever my HTPC wakes-up!

I am using the Pulse-Eight adapter on my Windows 7 HTPC with KODI. Using LibCEC 2.2 and Firmware version 4.0.

The CEC adapter is connected to a Receiver (Marantz NR1604) and then to a Sony KDL-55W828B Led TV. Now almost everything seems to work fine, I can control KODI with the remote from the Sony TV, also if I start the PC the TV and Receiver are powered up and set on the correct HDMI input.

The problem is and I can’t figure out why. When the HTPC is in standby mode and I power off the Receiver somehow this triggers the HTPC to wake up ?
I disallowed every device I can find (except LAN) to wake-up the PC but how can I disable this on the CEC adapter?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

(2015-01-12, 21:29)opeters Wrote:
(2015-01-12, 18:49)Tobby Wrote: Hi, my CEC-adapter stopped connecting to Kodi a few days ago. I can still find it in the Peripherals settings, but it doesn't connect. Anyone else with the same problem?

If you are using a Receiver, disconnect any other HDMI devices. Some devices like Android media boxes can disrupt the HDMI-CEC signal.
No, it goes straight into the TV from my PC. I also have a Chromecast, a PS3 and a PS4. Should I unhook those?
(2014-11-29, 14:19)kubax Wrote: i'm having problems redefining some keys on my new tv's remote in kodi (acutally running xbmc, just wanted to get used to the new name...)

if i press back on my remote, log says
Code:
13:11:21 T:140171106293504   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> 01:8a:91
13:11:21 T:140171106293504   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): vendor remote button down (8A)
13:11:21 T:140171106293504   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - key pressed: return (Samsung) (91)
13:11:21 T:140171106293504   DEBUG: PushCecKeypress - received key e5 duration 500
13:11:21 T:140171749226432   DEBUG: OnKey: 229 (0xe5) pressed, action is ContextMenu

So i edited my remote.xml. tried everything i could think about. in <remote> with key id (<8A>, <91>, <e5>, <229>) xbmc doesn't read the xml file, complaining about a missing closeing tag (althought it was clearly there). Then i tried it with <universalremote> but it didn't work either. Tried <obc229> anyone who got it working and could give ma a hint? My wife realy loves the smart remote from our new tv (realy.. she started calling it "my lilte baby" -.-).

I can't simple change <title> (wich seems to be universalremote 229 code, when looking at the code) because my "normal" remote should also work. it's the Hama Remote with the eventclient.

I'm guessing that you have Samsung TV connected and new Smart remote.
There is no way to change "BACK" key as it is hard coded.

What I can advise is:
- map usually unused "RED" button for back functionality
- try to loong press BACK button, it will generate different event EXIT which works fine

Michal
No, it goes straight into the TV from my PC. I also have a Chromecast, a PS3 and a PS4. Should I unhook those?
[/quote]

You can try but I don't think that any of those devices are causing the issue.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]1