plugin path playcount with content movies does not work
Hi,

not sure if this a bug or a feature but I found the following issue:
If a plugin sets the content of its ListItems to "movies" the watched state (playcount) is indeed saved in the database (files table) - but in the gui it is not shown. Also the "show only watched"-filter filters all items equal (with playcount set or not).

If I set the content to the default (videos) everything works: ListItems got the watched-sign and the filter filters only watched/unwatched.

I don't think that this is a skin issue because the behavior is the same in several (all?) skins.

Here are two screenshots, one with content set to movies and one with set to videos:
ImageImage

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I also tested this on a nightly build of June 13 and I do get the watched status and can do filtering on that.
As you see below i do get the watched mark.

However once leaving the plugin and re-entering all the watched marks are gone. So it seems that all is reset when leaving a plugin.

When removing the
PHP Code:
plugin.set_content('movies'
from the plugin and start it again all previously played content is marked as watched.

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So in short:

Your persistent watched status is also not shown when content is set to movies - but it is shown on videos.
But the difference between us is, that I even can't see the "temporary watched state".

(like discussed in IRC)
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
PHP Code:
plugin.set_content('tvshows'

has the same problem. So the watched marks are only persistent when no content is set to a plugin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
proposed fix for this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1083

@sphere: you can see "temporary watched state" after You watch full trailer - toggling watched/unwatched in the list won't show icon Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
Thanks pieh for the (merged) fix.

Wondering about your comment: I can toggle the watched state with w-key and the icon shows...

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin path playcount with content movies does not work0