• 4(current)
[MOD] ReAlaska : ReFocus meets Alaska (0.9.6 git)
Sabish Wrote:A. Sorry, i don't use PVR, and i never will ...

Hm, I thought creating skins is some kind of altruism and the results are dedicated to the users Wink

It's a little bit confusing to read the same statement over and over from skinners .. "what is PVR, don't use it" .. never thought that skinners are conservatives that are afraid of change and progression Rofl if the coders of XBMC would follow that philosophy xbmc would only run on a xbox Wink

Maybe PVR is at experimental stage atm - but following the roadmap of xbmc it will become a main part of xbmc in one of the next major releases ...

Sabish Wrote:B. You're talking about the "video" menu in homescreen main menu, right ?

yep ...

HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
(2012-06-19, 11:49)LastCoder Wrote:
Sabish Wrote:A. Sorry, i don't use PVR, and i never will ...

Hm, I thought creating skins is some kind of altruism and the results are dedicated to the users Wink

It's a little bit confusing to read the same statement over and over from skinners .. "what is PVR, don't use it" .. never thought that skinners are conservatives that are afraid of change and progression Rofl if the coders of XBMC would follow that philosophy xbmc would only run on a xbox Wink

Maybe PVR is at experimental stage atm - but following the roadmap of xbmc it will become a main part of xbmc in one of the next major releases ...

First, i'm no skinner : i'm just a guy who decided to modify (with pretty much no knowledge of skinning at all) an existing skin for it's personnal use, and then decided to share it with the community since the result was pretty cool. Then i decided to polish it and make it better based on the users feedback. That's my definition of altruism.

Maybe you should adopt my philosophy and try to resolve your issues by learning and seek answers from other members, then share your progresses with everyone else Wink
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
This is a great mod. One thing I never liked about Refocus was the fact that it exited to the root instead of the homepage. Would you know how I can change this?
Sabish Wrote:Maybe you should adopt my philosophy and try to resolve your issues by learning and seek answers from other members, then share your progresses with everyone else Wink

I'm already running an opensource project ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/openlawyers/ ) as developer and maintainer .. unfortunately I have no time to learn skinning for xmbc as well Wink .. and it would be very inefficient to learn it only for some issues as long if there are people with the required knowledge Cool .. or do you start the ide & compiler if you find some issues in xbmc Devil

So long

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
(2012-06-19, 12:48)emptyhead Wrote: This is a great mod. One thing I never liked about Refocus was the fact that it exited to the root instead of the homepage. Would you know how I can change this?

Great skin, but I'm also looking for a way to change this

can this be used with frodo nightly or does it require eden final?
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
(2012-06-19, 12:48)emptyhead Wrote: This is a great mod. One thing I never liked about Refocus was the fact that it exited to the root instead of the homepage. Would you know how I can change this?

(2012-06-19, 14:38)ady199 Wrote:

This bothers me too, so i already included a fix for this. But it only works for TV and movies (not music), and only if you have selected a submenu (like new episodes or new movies) in the menu configuration of the skin options. But i will include a complete override of the 'back to the the root before home' in a future update.
(2012-06-19, 16:24)henrikyo Wrote: can this be used with frodo nightly or does it require eden final?

I don't know, it was tested on eden only (at least by me). But feel free to test it on latest nightlies and report back...
This keymap fix works for me in the short term....

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77726
(2012-06-19, 23:39)Sabish Wrote:

(2012-06-19, 14:38)ady199 Wrote:

This bothers me too, so i already included a fix for this. But it only works for TV and movies (not music), and only if you have selected a submenu (like new episodes or new movies) in the menu configuration of the skin options. But i will include a complete override of the 'back to the the root before home' in a future update.
I don't know, it was tested on eden only (at least by me). But feel free to test it on latest nightlies and report back...

I made a quick fix : it should now take you back directly to home with or without subemenus enabled (successfully tested on eden final in windows7 and ios5.1 for atv2)

Download :

back-to-home_fix.zip

Please test this and report back Smile
Works perfectly now.
Greetings from Spain

Your skin looks amazing !!! I have tried the first version and now after you have uploaded a new one I'm going to try it again!!!

Just one question , when I used It I could not see any option to add custom buttoms to home menu. How can I do that?
(2012-06-20, 10:33)Sabish Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 23:39)Sabish Wrote:

(2012-06-19, 14:38)ady199 Wrote: Great skin, but I'm also looking for a way to change this

I made a quick fix : it should now take you back directly to home with or without subemenus enabled (successfully tested on eden final in windows7 and ios5.1 for atv2)

Download :

back-to-home_fix.zip

Please test this and report back Smile

That's done the trick - many thanks

@sabbish,
I'm getting a small Intermittent bug whereupon when I pause a movie, the poster has moved out of the box on the left and now appears as a tiny image in the middle of the screen?

It's fixable by reloading the skin, and not a show stopper, but i thought I'd mention it.

I'll post a screen shot and some specs and details so you have all the info.

Other than minor niggle that appears now and again, and the lack of scrolling text in info views Wink I Absolutly adore what you have done with this skin.

I really do hope you continue as this is the best mod of this skin so far!
Awesome work and sincerely appreciated.
Pat~
Anyone having colour issues on main menu. its light grey, and when highlighted its very difficult to read, also happens on plot etc
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
(2012-06-21, 22:29)henrikyo Wrote: Anyone having colour issues on main menu. its light grey, and when highlighted its very difficult to read, also happens on plot etc

Not really, only when the Database is being updated there is some kind of overlay. This happens too when it notifies me there is an update for OpenElec. The text displayed in the right upper screen is blue, which is hard to read on the grey background there.

I have one other issue myself... when I go to Movies and scroll to, let's say, the second title, then return to home and go to TV Series, it's location in the list is the second item. When I scroll to the third item and go back to Movies, the cursor is set to the third item as soon as I enter the section. This happens with ReFocus too. I'm quite new to XBMC so don't know if this is "by design".

I removed the latest glitches... no back items, no 'all seasons' and (thank you for the mod) no submenus before returning to the home screen.

Thanks to all of you who made this possible. XBMC is great and the ReFocus and ReAlaska skins are great too.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] ReAlaska : ReFocus meets Alaska (0.9.6 git)7