• 7(current)
WIP RoM-Jacket for Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser
(2014-10-13, 20:31)sudopinion Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 07:42)oraichu Wrote: As soon as I boot it up, this is the first error screen that occurs. From here I can either hit ok or cancel......

Well, either the cdvd plugin is incompatible (unlikely) or the launcher was improperly injected.
If your launcher looks like this at line 26
Code:
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('dir /B /A-D "*.[EXT]"') do (
the problem is the launcher:

You should see this:
Code:
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('dir /B /A-D "*.iso"') do (

If you are indeed able to load a game when you have used a launcher (after you close the error dialog boxes), the settings will be saved to the game's folder when you exit pcsx2. The launcher for that title should work normally from then on.
You can then use the settings (pcsx2_ui.ini) of this game for the other pcsx2 games in your library using the configuration propagation tool.

Hey, sadly it's not working. Originally it does have the "('dir /B /A-D "*.[EXT]"')" in my launchers, but when changing that to what you said results in the same error messages as before. One note is that I'm running this from F:/ external drive. It shouldnt matter as this used to work before with ROM-Jacket, just don't know what changed and made it start acting like this.

Here is the entire entire launcher, untouched after a clean library clean up:

Code:
CHCP 1252
MODE CON: COLS=15 LINES=1
TITLE LAUNCHER

for %%a in ("cmd /c start """) do set XPSTRT=%%~a
for %%a in ("start /w """) do set LAUNCH=%%~a
for /f "tokens=1 delims= " %%a in ('ver') do if "%%~a"=="Wine" set WINE=1
if "%WINE%"=="1" for %%a in ("start /w") do set LAUNCH=%%~a
if "%WINE%"=="1" set XPSTRT=

pushd "%~dp0"
for %%A in ("C:\Emulators\Pcsx2") do SET EMUL=%%~A
for %%A in ("Pcsx2") do SET EMUZ=%%~A
for %%A in ("C:\Emulators\Xpadder\Xpadder.exe") do SET XPADDER=%%~A
REM REM [DMT]for %%A in ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Daemon Tools Lite\DTLite.exe") do SET DAMVAR=%%~A
for %%A in ("%~dpn0") do SET GAMNAM=%%~A
for %%A in ("%CD%") do SET GAMDIR=%%~A
copy /Y "*.ini" "%EMUL%\inis"
REM PRERES
REM REM [DSP]displayswitch /internal
REM PREP1
REM PREP2
REM PREP3
%XPSTRT% "%XPADDER%" /m "%GAMDIR%\Player1.xpadderprofile" "%GAMDIR%\Player2.xpadderprofile"
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('dir /B /A-D "*.[EXT]"') do (
set ROM=%%~na
CALL :RUN
)
:RUN
%LAUNCH% "%EMUL%\%EMUZ%.exe" "%GAMDIR%\%ROM%.[EXT]"
REM REM [DSP]displayswitch /extend
REM CUSTM1
REM CUSTM2
REM CUSTM3
copy /Y "%EMUL%\inis\*.ini" "%GAMDIR%"
%XPSTRT% "%XPADDER%" /m MediaCenter nolayout2
if "%WINE%"=="1" taskkill /f /im cmd.exe
FOR /F "tokens=2 delims= " %%A IN ('TASKLIST /FI "imagename eq cmd.exe" /v^| find /i "LAUNCHER"') DO TASKKILL /F /PID %%A

EDIT: After posting the code above, I realised the ".[EXT]" was repeated twice. Changing BOTH of them to ".iso" instead did the job! How can I make this change for my full library? And why is it saying .[EXT] instead of .iso to begin with anyways?
(2014-10-20, 05:02)oraichu Wrote: ...Changing BOTH of them to ".iso" instead did the job! How can I make this change for my full library? And why is it saying .[EXT] instead of .iso to begin with anyways?
the ".[EXT]" is the placeholder for the detected rom's extension,
Users who update Romjacket are at the mercy of my update cycle, which is daily and random. Releases are unstable and prone to bugs until I take it out of beta.
I fixed a lot of the broken stuff (try processing the console again) that broke when I ported RJ to WINE.

if that fails and your entire library is in .iso, you can:

Use the CopyCfg Utility and select the launcher (.bat) that you wish to use for your other games in the library. RomJacket will automatically propagate and replace settings for all launchers in the console.
Dear Sudopinion

I'm thinking about trying out rom jacket because I need to configure ePSXe so that games which use multitap for 4 players and games that don't require multitap or won't start with multitap inserted can both work out of Rom Collection Browser. Will rom jacket work for this scenario? Unfortunately, there is no PSX frontend I know of that would let you save separate configs for each game, and which would support the use of a multitap.

Thanks a lot for your help!
(2014-12-05, 16:46)Girgl Wrote: Dear Sudopinion

I'm thinking about trying out rom jacket because I need to configure ePSXe so that games which use multitap for 4 players and games that don't require multitap or won't start with multitap inserted can both work out of Rom Collection Browser. Will rom jacket work for this scenario? Unfortunately, there is no PSX frontend I know of that would let you save separate configs for each game, and which would support the use of a multitap.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Be sure to update to the latest version of romjacket.
To change the configuration for epsxe games:
1. Launch a playstation romjacket title
2. Immedietly click inside ePSXe gui and change the preferences.
3. When you are finished changing the preferences, chose "open ISO" (or "open CD" if you're using daemon tools. )

I don't have 8 joysticks, but it should work
Another option might be epsxexecutor which also has the ability to have per-game configurations.
Just discovered this GEM of a program. It works pretty well. Will you add Kodi support in the future? Testing it I noticed that I had to install Gotham, run the frontend integration, and then upgrade to Kodi (Helix), in order for it to work.

Maybe add another bit of code that finds kodi.exe like it does for xbmc.exe to run. I know its a little more involved than that, but that was just my quick (non-expert) assessment of the software.

Thank you once again for this.
(2014-12-09, 21:31)Deucehearts Wrote: Will you add Kodi support in the future?
I'm not so quick to update romjacket for bleeding edge versions of xbmc/kodi, but it's encouraging to hear that it's working with kodi through an upgrade.
Until the stable release becomes the default version of xbmc, Gotham will be what romjacket installs.
In the meantime, I'll update romjacket to detect the new program.
Thanks for the feedback!
any news on rom jacket sudopinion?
(2015-01-16, 18:05)DigiTech Wrote: any news on rom jacket sudopinion?

Well, Kodi support has been added. RoM-Jacket will continue to distribute the last version compatible with Windows XP, but if you have Kodi it will be detected & RCB/ADVL will be configured.

I've also been implementing a hash-based integrity checking system to help facilitate repository updates and help users who have interrupted or incomplete downloads.

Archive handling has been improved: Users who have their ROMs compressed individually now have some options on if/how to extract and jacketize them.

In addition to the supported systems compatible with MESS, a host of other systems (60 or so) can now be automatically configured.
Users who configure a MESS system which has multiple media types (tapes/carts/disks etc...) can allow RoM-Jacket to determine the media type.

A Mirror+ option has been added to the Frontend section which will convert box-art into icons for their mirrors (.lnk shortcuts). These are large (Vista) icons and look great in Windows Explorer.

Savestate/battery/memcard saves can be linked into the cloud (GoogleDrive, OneDrive and Dropbox) for backup and multi-computer gaming.

Many more options have been added for emulators and a "default-settings" option has been added in the jacketizing wizard to bypass these options in order to quickly setup any system.

Motioninjoy has been removed from the Drivers section.

WINE support has been enhanced.
Lots more too, but that should bring some users up to speed.
Bumping for updates:
retroArch core updater/downloader.
improved emulator downloading
bios-detection and installation improvements
Advanced Launcher scraped art conversion options enhanced
new website!
what if your favorite frontend Advanced Launcher or Rom Collection Browser? easy of use, eye candy?
forgot to ask about your favorite frontend not only on Kodi but in windows enviroment, which is the one you like the most?
(2015-02-12, 17:41)DigiTech Wrote: what if your favorite frontend Advanced Launcher or Rom Collection Browser? easy of use, eye candy?
forgot to ask about your favorite frontend not only on Kodi but in windows enviroment, which is the one you like the most?

Media browser 2.6.2 for windows media center is the fe I use.
Eye candy goes to hyperspin hands down
RCB & Adv.l are very similar, but RCB is a little easier to maintain a library
My favorite ATM is emulationstation, but I'm looking forward to radcade & retrofe
I like the comprehensive nature of gameex but it's not programmable really
I've seen cool stuff done with mala
Ideally an fe should display metadata and make a menu available for any selection so assets (like manuals) can be viewed, but hyperlaunch with hyperpause is the best solution for that ( even though it breaks some emus)
DAT and XML database parsing implemented.
RoM-Jacket can now use TOSEC (.dat), Hyperspin (.xml) and other databases to automatically sort and rename ROMs.
Only TOSEC and Hyperspin *GAMES* are sorted at the moment, but assets should be localized soon.
CRC hashing is used for now. SHA1/MD5 maybe later.
Apologies, I'm a bit of a newb with the Emulator/Rom thing. I'm not entirely sure how the scraping is meant to work. With tv shows on Kodi, we need to put it into "TV Show Directory\Show Name\Series X\Episode.ext" Is there a particular way this needs the Roms arranged and any naming formats that differ per emulator?
(2015-03-05, 13:35)Dravokivich Wrote: ...I'm not entirely sure how the scraping is meant to work...
RCB and ADVL both scrape metadata and artwork using fuzzy-matching algorithms into ROM Jackets.
Quote:Is there a particular way this needs the Roms arranged...
RoM-Jacket will configure ADVL/RCB to follow a similar paradigm:
Code:
..\Games\Console\System Name\ROM Title\ROM.ext
Quote:...and any naming formats that differ per emulator?...
Not sure what you mean by this, but KODI plugins will scrape the launcher's name which is usually the actual ROM's visible name:
eg:
Code:
StooperGame.ext
=
StooperGame.bat
However,
If the game is from an arcade-type system (eg: Arcade/CPS-X/NeoGeo/Sega Model2/3) the launchers will be given NICE names
eg:
Code:
GGDMIV.zip
=
Golden Girls Deathmatch IV (Gleamonex LTD) (1992) [!].bat

I haven't experimented enough with the scrapers to know if using the actual ROM names for mame sets will produce better results than the titles.
Also,
MESS can use ROM sets with XML lists (hashes) which have unconventional abbreviated ROM names, however these sets are usually compatible with other emulators.
Hey Again

I recently logged in again and thought I'd work more on setting up my "all in one console", and after updating Rom-jacket whenever I hit "Frontend" the program just closes. No menu opens after this. I was curious to check if it had been updated to Kodi now, as I used XBMC last time with this program.

Cheers.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RoM-Jacket for Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser2