• 8(current)
WIP RoM-Jacket for Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser
(2015-04-17, 16:32)oraichu Wrote: Hey Again

I recently logged in again and thought I'd work more on setting up my "all in one console", and after updating Rom-jacket whenever I hit "Frontend" the program just closes. No menu opens after this. I was curious to check if it had been updated to Kodi now, as I used XBMC last time with this program.

Cheers.

I suggest downloading the latest installer.

RoM-Jacket should detect Kodi if you have it installed, however it will use XBMC if you have both.
Check your %appdata% directory in windows explorer if you're unsure.
(2015-04-17, 22:52)sudopinion Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 16:32)oraichu Wrote: Hey Again

I recently logged in again and thought I'd work more on setting up my "all in one console", and after updating Rom-jacket whenever I hit "Frontend" the program just closes. No menu opens after this. I was curious to check if it had been updated to Kodi now, as I used XBMC last time with this program.

Cheers.

I suggest downloading the latest installer.

RoM-Jacket should detect Kodi if you have it installed, however it will use XBMC if you have both.
Check your %appdata% directory in windows explorer if you're unsure.

I downloaded the latest, and sadly the same thing happens. Whenever I click "fontend" it closes, but doesn't open anything else or give me the options beyond this point.

When you click on "Frontend" at the beginning, which file / bat is really meant to launch at this point?
(2015-04-20, 08:30)oraichu Wrote: I downloaded the latest, and sadly the same thing happens. Whenever I click "fontend" it closes, but doesn't open anything else or give me the options beyond this point.

When you click on "Frontend" at the beginning, which file / bat is really meant to launch at this point?

Try downloading this file and replacing the one in your "..\RJ\RomJacket" folder.

I'm sorry you're having difficulty oraichu. I'm unable to reproduce the error, however if you execute the shortcut file "Configure" file found in your installation folder, eg: C:\RJ\Configure.lnk
a log will be produced: "..\RJ\RomJacket\logs\BEGIN.log"

If the replacement file above does not solve your issue, after the error occurs if you send me the log file I will be able to fix the issue quickly.

Thanks!
(2015-04-20, 22:46)sudopinion Wrote:
(2015-04-20, 08:30)oraichu Wrote: I downloaded the latest, and sadly the same thing happens. Whenever I click "fontend" it closes, but doesn't open anything else or give me the options beyond this point.

Try downloading this file and replacing the one in your "..\RJ\RomJacket" folder.

I'm sorry you're having difficulty oraichu. I'm unable to reproduce the error, however if you execute the shortcut file "Configure" file found in your installation folder, eg: C:\RJ\Configure.lnk
a log will be produced: "..\RJ\RomJacket\logs\BEGIN.log"

If the replacement file above does not solve your issue, after the error occurs if you send me the log file I will be able to fix the issue quickly.

Thanks!

Thank for reply. Smile
Sadly it still occurs. I sent you the log by PM.
Fixed the issue. Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Hey

After installing new emulators (or redownloadning ones) I get this error message:
(2015-04-22, 04:29)oraichu Wrote: Hey

After installing new emulators (or redownloadning ones) I get this error message:

Thanks man!
Fixed!
Thank you. Wink

I have a couple of questions / errors.

1: PPSSPP currently just opens and closes when launching. I both redownloaded PPSSPP and reconsilidated the library. When launching PPSSPP manually in windows it launches games fine.

2: ePSXe keeps running in the background after I close it (by ALT + F4). I know that there is a shortcut to be supposed to quit the program by controller.. but it doesnt seem to work?
(2015-04-27, 02:48)oraichu Wrote: Thank you. Wink

I have a couple of questions / errors.

1: PPSSPP currently just opens and closes when launching. I both redownloaded PPSSPP and reconsilidated the library. When launching PPSSPP manually in windows it launches games fine.

2: ePSXe keeps running in the background after I close it (by ALT + F4). I know that there is a shortcut to be supposed to quit the program by controller.. but it doesnt seem to work?

Thanks oraichu!

The PPSSPP problem has been fixed (typo).
Reprocess the system and everything should be good to go.

ePSXe is a little trickier:
If you're using a joystick, you must hold the exit combo for a moment longer which activates alt+f4 exit...but...the hanging process seems buggy. I'll look into it.
retroFE support added
antimicro joystick utility integrated. (xpadder xprofile conversions forthcoming)
location-migration utility to initialize rom-jacket libraries. (for all supported systems and emulators)
It looks like a fantastic tool but I think there's something to be said.

It's not necessary for games to have different emulator settings in the vast majority of emulators. The usual NES, SNES, Genesis ones can run all games fine with the same settings. This is a feature only N64 and older emulators for certain consoles would use (like PCSX2), I think.

Also, it would be really great if the code was more OS-agnostic. I don't use Linux so I shouldn't care about this but running stuff through Wine is never ideal, and I believe the "true spirit" of open source is to work across a wide range of systems, and this tool leaves Macs out and requires Wine on Linux.

That being said, I'll download and use it, because I like the premise.
(2015-08-18, 06:11)ldavet Wrote: It looks like a fantastic tool but I think there's something to be said.

It's not necessary for games to have different emulator settings in the vast majority of emulators. The usual NES, SNES, Genesis ones can run all games fine with the same settings. This is a feature only N64 and older emulators for certain consoles would use (like PCSX2), I think.

Also, it would be really great if the code was more OS-agnostic. I don't use Linux so I shouldn't care about this but running stuff through Wine is never ideal, and I believe the "true spirit" of open source is to work across a wide range of systems, and this tool leaves Macs out and requires Wine on Linux.

That being said, I'll download and use it, because I like the premise.

I agree Idavet: most games and systems have a level of emulation that negates the need for any particular hacks you often see on the bleeding edge of emu-development.
I'm glad you like the premise (at least) and I think you'll find that many games which look and run best differently and of course those that require unique settings (such as 3+multi-player games) benefit greatly from having independent settings.

I would really like to offer rom-jacket to output bash scripts. The "true spirt" of open source was heeded to the best of my limited abilities and I made a concerted effort to see that it would run in wine.
Hey. I'm back to messing around a bit with my EmulationStation again. I saw the new addition of adding AntiMicro.. however I'm having trouble making that work. RJ by itself doesn't download AntiMicro. I tried both by going through Install > Driver > AntiMicro and by Install > AntiMicro > Install. None of these works. I have also downloaded it by itself, placed the folder inside the roomjacket folder, linked to the .exe through the Install > AntiMicro > Install... but it still gets an error message when I try to launch the game. Whenever I launch a game it, I simply get: Can't find "\antimicro.exe". Inside the BAT file it also doesn't like to a more specific location other than "\antimicro.exe".

Running on Windows 7 as always.
(2015-10-05, 18:57)oraichu Wrote: Hey. I'm back to messing around a bit with my EmulationStation again. I saw the new addition of adding AntiMicro.. however...

Thanks for the bug report oraichu! The problem has (hopefully) been fixed and RoM-Jacket *should* download and install antimicro again.

Updates include:
a rudimentary art-scraper for many systems
Internet Archive ROM Launcher integration
DOSBox integration
bugfixes

*if you are still having problems after updating to the newest version of RoM-Jacket, the antimicro.exe program can be auto-detected if it is in "..\Emulators\antimicro"*
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RoM-Jacket for Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser2