• 13(current)
[RELEASE] Diffuse
Using the latest git version?
Good Morning
Excellent skin, I was wondering how do I install the skin?
Thank you.
(2013-02-07, 13:13)HTPCAsus Wrote: Good Morning
Thank you.

The link in POST1 takes you to the github page, click on ZIP, download and save the zip file, open xbmc install from zip, done.

(2013-02-07, 12:27)butchabay Wrote: Using the latest git version?

Yes, always using latest git version in general Wink
the skin looks good i will add it to my skinx skin db on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Skin-x/438985486133562
(2013-02-07, 14:36)butchabay Wrote:
(2013-02-07, 13:13)HTPCAsus Wrote: Good Morning
Thank you.

The link in POST1 takes you to the github page, click on ZIP, download and save the zip file, open xbmc install from zip, done.

Thank you.
Continuation of a good day.
Greetings.

At the start of this skin i was not sure about it. From time to time i check this topic to see it's progress.
And today i thought it's time to give some feedback.
The latest screenshots and the movie looks really promising. When i recieve my Pi i go try it myself.

I like the liveTV section with the ability to use transparant icons.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Just a quick update status skin diffuse:

Haven't had much time the last weeks, working on a new project ... so here the progress:

1. Dialogs to do --> Peripheral Settings, Subtitle Script, Lyrics and Karaoke ( all other dialogs are done)
2. PVR Stuff --> Submenu Live TV ( all other parts are done )
3. Pictures and Slideshow Section
4. Starting Translations ( English and German strings are done ) I'll need your help outthere Smile
5. Release skin diffuse

Next:

6. TV Guide and support for Advanced Launcher and Metadata Actor Script
7. More Views in general and now playing widget
8. Additional Fonts, not sure yet ... we'll see
9. Weather Widgets on Home
By far the best skin I've seen so far, great work! A few questions though:

I've installed the GIT version on my ATV2, using the zip file. When I click System, I don't get the ability to change skin settings. Instead, I get "Edit profile". Also, in Movies and Tv-Shows, I get only 1 view type (List).

What do I do wrong?
Thanx ...

That's the way:

1. System --> Appearance --> Settings ... or when you're on home menu press left on your remote to bring the shutdown menu, from there you can go directly to skin settings.

2. You have to enable the views in skin settings.
Thanks, found it!

I've come across something strange. In the skin settings, there are no checkmarks. So, for instance when I click 'fanart diffuse' and 'tripanel' in view options, I don't see anything change and I can't see whether I checked them or not. In Movies an Tv-Shows, I can now switch view types, so the 'click' DOES work, I just can't see if it's checked. Funny thing is, this does not work for hiding main menu buttons. I clicked them, but they all stay visible in the home screen. This all goes for the GIT version. The version downloadable using the xbmc repository DOES have checkmarks. But that version is clearly much less stable (crashes all the time). Is this a knows issue or am I doing something wrong again ;-)?

I hope I explained this well (English is not my native language).
Better use the stable version from xbmc repo, there aren't that much changes in git. Doesn't explain your problem with checked marks ... as they are the same all over the skin.
Can't explain the crashes, i'm using it all the day a few month now and never had a crash.

Hide menu items working fine here ...

Maybe a fresh install may help.
Ok, thank again! The 'stable' version from the xbmc repo keeps crashing, so I'll probably end up using another skin. What a shame :-(.
Try to delete the skin completely, also the guisettings.xml in your userdata folder.
Fresh install of the git version.
Thought you just said to use the version from the xbmc repo. The GIT version is the zip file, am I right? And where can I find the userdata fold? Delete the guisettings.xml file completely?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Diffuse15