No ethernet
During playback I lost my wired ethernet. I tried connecting with a static IP address and a dynamic IP address, both unsuccessful. The dynamic IP configuration yields an external address (169.254.01.59) which doesn't work.

There is no CrashReport around the time I lost my wired connection, and I see nothing obvious in the syslog.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A 169 address indicates a self assigned IP. So it appears as if your ATV2 is still functioning. I'd be looking elsewhere.... What modem/router are connected to? A switch? Cable come loose? etc..

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I'm connected directly to a Actiontec MI424WR router. I've tested the cable connection, that's fine.

The wireless works fine, but playback buffers too much, I want to use my wired connection.

Thanks
Never mind. I didn't read your first post properly where you said static ip did not work either. Did you gave a static IP that's within the range of the router?

Maybe also try and reboot. If it was due to some kind of crash, reboot might fix it.
(2012-06-16, 20:10)newatv2user Wrote: Maybe also try and reboot. If it was due to some kind of crash, reboot might fix it.

Surprisingly a reboot fixed it, surprisingly because a reboot never fixes much Blush Thanks for the tip Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No ethernet0