[RELEASE] Commands - Map multiple xbmc commands to one remote button

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BenAtNVS Offline
Thank you for this script.
I use the combination. I would wait until the first command before starting the second. is it possible? a timer perhaps?
find quote
evenzak Offline
I second that timer/wait idea. When I use combined commands like clean video library + run artwork downloader script, I would like to wait for the first command to complete before running the second command. If that isn't possible then a wait function or timer setting would be fantastic.
find quote
SpiderDice Offline
(2013-03-29 03:40)SpiderDice Wrote:  Log Uploader installed fine, but never sent me the e-mail, and that script failed too. Haha

I grabbed my xbmc.log file, removed all the passwords, and then tried to upload it to xbmclogs.com Apparently, 1.6MB is too big for the server to handle.

TL;DR
Here's my log file:
http://ge.tt/8M3HfRc

Can anyone assist?

Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
find quote
AddonScriptorDE Offline
Skilled Python Coder
(2013-04-02 13:49)BenAtNVS Wrote:  Thank you for this script.
I use the combination. I would wait until the first command before starting the second. is it possible? a timer perhaps?
(2013-04-02 16:31)evenzak Wrote:  I second that timer/wait idea. When I use combined commands like clean video library + run artwork downloader script, I would like to wait for the first command to complete before running the second command. If that isn't possible then a wait function or timer setting would be fantastic.
Yeah, great idea! I wanted to add this months ago but totally forgot it... Angel
Unfortunately its not possible to wait on a command to finish but i can implement a simple sleep command.

(2013-04-03 22:42)SpiderDice Wrote:  
(2013-03-29 03:40)SpiderDice Wrote:  Log Uploader installed fine, but never sent me the e-mail, and that script failed too. Haha

I grabbed my xbmc.log file, removed all the passwords, and then tried to upload it to xbmclogs.com Apparently, 1.6MB is too big for the server to handle.

TL;DR
Here's my log file:
http://ge.tt/8M3HfRc

Can anyone assist?
Sorry, i'm a bit busy right now. I'm not exactly sure what causes the error!
Will look for your problem this weekend! (I need to install XBMCbuntu 11.10 first...)
find quote
SpiderDice Offline
Thanks!

Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
find quote
BenAtNVS Offline
(2013-04-04 00:10)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:  
(2013-04-02 13:49)BenAtNVS Wrote:  Thank you for this script.
(2013-04-02 16:31)evenzak Wrote:  I second that timer/wait idea. When I use combined commands like clean video library + run artwork downloader script, I would like to wait for the first command to complete before running the second command. If that isn't possible then a wait function or timer setting would be fantastic.
Yeah, great idea! I wanted to add this months ago but totally forgot it... Angel
Unfortunately its not possible to wait on a command to finish but i can implement a simple sleep command.

Thanks!!!
find quote
niknak-dk Offline
Great plugin ...

I would like to use the program to send http commands, how do I do it in the easiest way?

Is it to create a script for each http command to send and then run the script from the program?

And how does a script like that looks like?
I've never tried making one before

Here is an example of what I want to send:
http://127.0.0.1:81/tenHsServer/tenHsSer...evice&d=A1
find quote
BenAtNVS Offline
(2013-04-04 00:10)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:  [quote='BenAtNVS' pid='1385065' dateline='1364903351']

Something new ?Huh
find quote
schumi2004 Offline
Posting Freak
I tried this addon to fix me a set of commands as workaround that should function as a sort of sleep timer without shutting system down or bring it to sleep mode but i think i'm missing the alarm clock function, i only see sleep timer (which powers system off or hibernate which i don want)

I'm also getting these kinds of messages in logging and a popup saying remote share can be accessed

10:00:11 T:1500 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.commands/
10:00:11 T:1500 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://script.commands/) failed

Any ideas?

Edit:
Just checked command.list and noticed this for Sleep Timer:
Sleep Timer###AlarmClock(Sleep Timer, ShutDown)

Would it be a good idea to have ShutDown replaced by a command of choice from GUI? Just a thought.
(This post was last modified: 2013-05-28 10:05 by schumi2004.)
find quote
argh! Offline
Fan
Okay I'm feeling really stupid, but...

I'd lvoe to sue this little Add-on to make my videos jump back 5 seconds and then Stop, when i hit my Stop button. with the commands "<timeseekbackward>-5</timeseekbackward>" and "Stop". While I'm still not sure if this is possible, I've been unable to find a way to pull up the Commands list. I install it from the Repo, but I cannot highlight Configure, and cannot see any way to pop the menu that is in the screenshot in the first post of this thread. Am I Just dense?

In any case, this is a fantastic idea.

Win7 x64
Frodo 12.2
Transperency! skin (latesest version.
find quote
marko-mb Offline
I would really like to use this add on but after installing. I have no idea what to do with it. I have FRODO.. in addons there is only option to uninstall commands (no settings , commands list etc).

is it not working in frodo?
find quote
marko-mb Offline
okay found it when pressing the key on remote than menu opens....
?!

I d like to execute multiple commands on button press Smile not to choose from menu... that dont work with my small kids Smile

I just wand to press MENU and it would bring me to menu + send stop command at same time
find quote
_XbmcUser_ Offline
(This post was last modified: 2013-12-12 00:23 by _XbmcUser_.)
find quote
AddonScriptorDE Offline
Skilled Python Coder
SORRY! I totally forgot to look for this thread...

(2013-04-07 13:34)niknak-dk Wrote:  Great plugin ...

I would like to use the program to send http commands, how do I do it in the easiest way?

Is it to create a script for each http command to send and then run the script from the program?

And how does a script like that looks like?
I've never tried making one before

Here is an example of what I want to send:
http://127.0.0.1:81/tenHsServer/tenHsSer...evice&d=A1
A simple script like this:
Code:
import urllib2
opener = urllib2.build_opener()
opener.open("http://...")
should be working fine...

(2013-05-27 00:15)BenAtNVS Wrote:  
(2013-04-04 00:10)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:  [quote='BenAtNVS' pid='1385065' dateline='1364903351']

Something new ?Huh
Sorry, really forgot it. Will change some things on the addon this weekend.

(2013-05-28 10:03)schumi2004 Wrote:  I tried this addon to fix me a set of commands as workaround that should function as a sort of sleep timer without shutting system down or bring it to sleep mode but i think i'm missing the alarm clock function, i only see sleep timer (which powers system off or hibernate which i don want)

I'm also getting these kinds of messages in logging and a popup saying remote share can be accessed

10:00:11 T:1500 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.commands/
10:00:11 T:1500 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://script.commands/) failed

Any ideas?

Edit:
Just checked command.list and noticed this for Sleep Timer:
Sleep Timer###AlarmClock(Sleep Timer, ShutDown)

Would it be a good idea to have ShutDown replaced by a command of choice from GUI? Just a thought.
Would be possible, but i want to keep it simple. The command.list just contains some often used commands.
You can manually execute any command you want...

(2013-06-07 19:32)argh! Wrote:  Okay I'm feeling really stupid, but...

I'd lvoe to sue this little Add-on to make my videos jump back 5 seconds and then Stop, when i hit my Stop button. with the commands "<timeseekbackward>-5</timeseekbackward>" and "Stop". While I'm still not sure if this is possible, I've been unable to find a way to pull up the Commands list. I install it from the Repo, but I cannot highlight Configure, and cannot see any way to pop the menu that is in the screenshot in the first post of this thread. Am I Just dense?

In any case, this is a fantastic idea.

Win7 x64
Frodo 12.2
Transperency! skin (latesest version.
Sorry. Don't really get it. You have mapped a key to show commands, but nothing appears when pressing it?
Or is just the command list empty?

(2013-12-10 20:55)marko-mb Wrote:  okay found it when pressing the key on remote than menu opens....
?!

I d like to execute multiple commands on button press Smile not to choose from menu... that dont work with my small kids Smile

I just wand to press MENU and it would bring me to menu + send stop command at same time
You have to create a script like this:
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayerControl(stop)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(10000)')
and map it to a key of your choice...
find quote
isitmeor Offline
hi
how can I ad a py or sh script to this plugin
for example sh /storage/.config/vpn-config/openvpn.sh
tia
(This post was last modified: 2013-12-18 17:41 by isitmeor.)
find quote