Linux Issues Compiling After Ubuntu Re-install (./configure is complaining)...
Exclamation 
Well, As the thread subject says, I'm having issues compiling XBMC from source. For the past couple of months I've been trying to familiarize myself with XBMC's source code and build process (I'm understand the source structure better now but the build system is WAY over my head). I recently had to wipe out my Ubuntu install and now I'm having trouble getting the automated build system to work correctly. I've cloned the GIT repository as per the usual method, and I even wrote a very simple shell script to apt-get install all the dependencies listed in the README.linux, however after when I attempt to complete ./configure, system bitches at me and fails claiming that I don't have the nessary dependances... based on the following terminal output my guess it that it can't find curl.

Quote:checking ogg/ogg.h usability... yes
checking ogg/ogg.h presence... yes
checking for ogg/ogg.h... yes
checking vorbis/vorbisfile.h usability... yes
checking vorbis/vorbisfile.h presence... yes
checking for vorbis/vorbisfile.h... yes
checking libmodplug/modplug.h usability... yes
checking libmodplug/modplug.h presence... yes
checking for libmodplug/modplug.h... yes
checking curl/curl.h usability... no
checking curl/curl.h presence... no
checking for curl/curl.h... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

However, I know for a fact that curl is installed and up-to-date...

Quote:$ sudo apt-get install curl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
curl is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Can someone please shine a little light on the subject, Like I say XBMC's build process is more complex than I am used to dealing with so I don't really know where to start, esp because like I said, I've installed all the packages that the README said are required.

Cheers,
It's not curl but libcurl(3 & 4)

make sure you do the following:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core build-essential gawk pmount libtool nasm yasm automake cmake gperf zip unzip bison libsdl-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libfribidi-dev liblzo2-dev libfreetype6-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libasound2-dev python-sqlite libglew-dev libcurl3 libcurl4-gnutls-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libmad0-dev libogg-dev libvorbisenc2 libsmbclient-dev libmysqlclient-dev libpcre3-dev libdbus-1-dev libhal-dev libhal-storage-dev libjasper-dev libfontconfig-dev libbz2-dev libboost-dev libenca-dev libxt-dev libxmu-dev libpng-dev libjpeg-dev libpulse-dev mesa-utils libcdio-dev libsamplerate-dev libmpeg3-dev libflac-dev libiso9660-dev libass-dev libssl-dev fp-compiler gdc libmpeg2-4-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmodplug-dev libssh-dev gettext cvs python-dev libyajl-dev libboost-thread-dev libplist-dev libusb-dev libudev-dev libtinyxml-dev libcap-dev autopoint libltdl-dev

That did it, thanks... P.S. Perhaps someone needs to update the README.linux with the correct package names, neither libcurl3 or libcurl4-gnutls-dev are on the list...

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues Compiling After Ubuntu Re-install (./configure is complaining)...0