Modders, don't forget Livetv ..
Hi folks,

tried different MODs .. and they don't contain Livetv support .. that's sad since Confluence is one of few skins that support Livetv well .. so, please don't forget to enable it if you mod confluence .. btw would like to see a HD version of confluence Blush

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
(2012-06-17, 22:48)LastCoder Wrote: tried different MODs .. and they don't contain Livetv support
What MODs did you try? I think there are 4 or 5 Confluence MODs with LiveTV support...
Let me check this...

But I know one for sure, that's my MOD...check my signature for more information Big Grin

mad-max

- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
@madmax .. okay .. I tried "Yet Another Confluence Mod" and "Confluence Lite" Tongue .. not much - but it was really disappointing .. I understand if skinners don't add pvr to their skins but can't understand why modders throw out the support Sad

HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Confluence Lite does indeed have pvr support because its now the default version of confluence past Eden so to get it all you need to do is get a frodo version of xbmc pvr Smile
Or you can try and download the source https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/tree/m...confluence
(2012-06-19, 09:56)LastCoder Wrote: I understand if skinners don't add pvr to their skins but can't understand why modders throw out the support Sad
I can understand some modders not supporting pvr...
Mostly these MODs emerge from the first steps in skinning with a regular XBMC...later on they grow to a complete skin and are called "Confluence MOD"...
Adding PVR support needs touching quite an amount of xmls and some fear to break their MOD with this for a feature that isn't support in XBMC, yet...

The reason why my MOD has pvr support is that many users requested this at very early stages of the MOD...
So I took a new basis, Confluence PVR, and applied my MODs to it...
All in all this was not more than 3 hours work...

If the skin would have been quite far from the original and took more than 5-8 hours, I wouldn't have implemented PVR either...

To sum it up, it's always the balance between "time you spend on it" and "the real benefit" Big Grin

mad-max

- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2012-06-19, 10:28)Jezz_X Wrote: Confluence Lite does indeed have pvr support because its now the default version of confluence past Eden so to get it all you need to do is get a frodo version of xbmc pvr Smile
Or you can try and download the source https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/tree/m...confluence

Hm .. okay .. I don't know how I got Confluence Lite last time, but I downloaded a zip version from somewhere and it didn't contain live tv support Undecided .. I'll try your link Smile

@mad-max: yeah, you're surely right .. but it's hard to see all these stunning skins around that you can't use 'cause they don't - and never will - support pvr Sad ..

So long

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group
(2012-06-19, 14:06)LastCoder Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 10:28)Jezz_X Wrote: Confluence Lite does indeed have pvr support because its now the default version of confluence past Eden so to get it all you need to do is get a frodo version of xbmc pvr Smile

Hm .. okay .. I don't know how I got Confluence Lite last time, but I downloaded a zip version from somewhere and it didn't contain live tv support Undecided .. I'll try your link Smile

@mad-max: yeah, you're surely right .. but it's hard to see all these stunning skins around that you can't use 'cause they don't - and never will - support pvr Sad ..

So long

LastCoder

Just in case:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Com...n_features
(2012-06-19, 14:28)butchabay Wrote: Just in case:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Com...n_features

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in that list it may be a decent "guide" but it really depends on who maintains it I know I sure don't but maybe thats why they are listed as ?
Yes absolutely right, but for sure i know that recent skins marked with yes and no are updated, ofcourse it's to the skinner / modder keeping the current list up to date.

But as you already mentioned, it's a decent guide and in most cases very helpful.

Actually as I run a PVR machine, I wouldn't mind doing a PVR version "skin.yacm.confluence.pvr" Smile but to maintain another branch of confluence.lite.mod there'd have to be a reasonable interest.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modders, don't forget Livetv ..0