2-Channel audio mostly won't work using recent nightly builds (June 2012)
I have recently upgraded from Eden to various nightly builds (late May/early June 2012) and have since found that many of my 2-channel audio movies and mp3's are not audible - no sound, zilch, zero. Nudding! I've also lost my xbmc navigational sound effects, however, 5.1 digitally encoded movies seem to work fine. So what's happening?

My system comprises a Mac Mini (Lion), a Samsung 8000 Series TV and a Pioneer SC-LX83 receiver. All are 2011 models. I'm using HDMI cables from the Mac to the receiver and from the Samsung TV to the receiver. I have also tried supplementing these with optical connections from the Mac to the receiver and from the Samsung TV to the receiver, but to no avail.

I've read pages and pages of posts here about the recent audio upgrade to xbmc and possible workarounds for problematic sound. Tried playing with the Apple Midi application and Soundflower, and also tried various audio configurations in xbmc, but re-start after re-start, I continue to have no sound with 2-channel movies and mp3's.

All movies and all mp3s work fine using vlc. Now using Eden and everything works. So ... can anyone shed some light on what the problem might be? Is it an Apple hardware limitation? An Apple software limitation? A bug in xmbc? Or is it me?

Many thanks.
Post a debug log please. Well the statistics here tell us that mac mini with lion 10.7.4 is the most reported problemtaic constellation when it comes to audio. I really wonder what apple built into these crappy boxes.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
..and interestingly since I have not had any issues on 10.8 running the nightlies. However thats on the iMac not on the Mac mini. I am too afraid to update the mini although it can't be worse than 10.7.4!
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2-Channel audio mostly won't work using recent nightly builds (June 2012)0