Hi,

I have XBMC Eden running on a Windows 7 Machine and my media files are shared by a Linux-NAS using Samba.

Now I have 2 problems Confused:

1. The NAS is configured to suspend if there are no users logged in to the smb share for x minutes. The problem now is that XBMC does not log in automatically to the share on startup. Only if i start playing a file XBMC logs in. I can verify this using "smbstatus -b" on the NAS: I see no active clients after XBMC was started. But when I start playing a file smbstatus shows the active user (even after playback is stopped). So when I start XBMC and do nothing for a while the NAS will suspend automatically and trying to play a file will fail.
Is it possible to force XBMC to log in to the smb share automatically on start and not just when start playing a file?

2. After case (1) happened the first time (NAS suspends and playing a file fails) another problem exists: When XBMC is started (and the NAS is running) and I try to start playing a file (e.g. videos --> tv shows) XBMC keeps telling me that the file is not available anymore and XBMC asks me to remove it from the library. But at this point XBMC is not logged in to the smb share. So it cannot know if the file is available or not. But when I browse through the share using videos --> files XBMC logs in and after that I can start playing files using videos --> tv shows without a problem.
I had this problem before. I re-added the sources and then the problem was gone until case (1) happened again (and so does case 2). But re-adding all the time is not an option since I loose all the "watched"-flags and re-adding tooks too much time Blush
Any ideas?

EDIT:
Here is my xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/HNdTZTvj
You can see that I tried to play a file three times at 16:28 (using videos --> tv shows).
Then I switched to videos --> files and XBMC logs in to the samba share.
After that playing the file works fine.

But how can I force XBMC to login to the samba share when it starts up? I think this would fix both problems.

Best regards,
MKay

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help