XBMC with OTA tv tuner
I have a Hauppauge 2250 dual tuner card installed on my Windows 7 HTPC.
At this point I have no need for PVR support, all I want it for is to watch OTA tv (we rarely watch live tv anymore, but for sports its necessary)

I tried to find a definitive answer on here to see if it was possible but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information. Can someone in the know shed some light on this? Is it possible? What would be the best way to go about it?

thank you
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...TV_in_XBMC
The only built in support for viewing live TV without the PVR branch is with a HDHomerun as it streams the output which XBMC can open. I use it with Twinther's TVGuide addon when I just want to watch TV. You can also use the app launcher to load another program from XBMC which is what I used to to with BeyondTV. If you want to spend some time setting things up you might be able to use a program like ORB to capture the tuner and stream it to XBMC but I think it's too much effort for the results vs running a viewer app.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
We also have live streaming support for HTS Tvheadend (wiki), TuxBox (wiki), Slingbox (wiki), and if you have a really old one... ReplayTV (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC with OTA tv tuner0