Best XBMC App for Ipad
hey guys i am going to be buying my first Ipad 3 this week and wondering what is the best apps to control or use xbmc on the Ipad 3

i am just going to get the 16gb wifi one i have used the xbmc remote app on my android phone but apart from my ipod never owned any apple stuff so not sure what is best

i would prefer if it is free but if i have to pay a couple of dollars to get a good app i will

also is there any apps i can use to stream my videos from my home server to the ipad like i do with my xbmc htpc i run with openelec

For bling looks, Constellation without a doubt.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104567

Can't wait for it on Android...

Although there are others - just my opinion Smile
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
We also now have an official Team XBMC iOS remote: Official XBMC Remote/iOS (wiki) (and it's free).

Plus if you jailbreak you can (of course) install XBMC directly on your iPad, and even use it with the HDMI adapter on a TV.
(2012-06-21, 07:33)Ned Scott Wrote: We also now have an official Team XBMC iOS remote: Official XBMC Remote/iOS (wiki) (and it's free).

Plus if you jailbreak you can (of course) install XBMC directly on your iPad, and even use it with the HDMI adapter on a TV.

if i was to do this and use it on my tv with the hdmi would i get full widescreen 1080p or would it be that stupid 4:3 screen i heard about that the ipad outputs

btw do you happen to know a good guide for jailbreaking the ipad 3 as i have never done it before and do not want to screw it up in case i break the thing completely
I bought/load all Ipad/Iphone apps are avaible...
Commander comes very near to my expectations...but as ALL
other Apps for XBMC: too long loading times for covers and
information...works pretty good until you have a little number
of movies. More than 700...you can forget it, even the most
XBMC apps have a own cache mgt. ....doesn't really help...
has nothing to do with my network...all other things I'm
doing are very fast within the network...
So I hope, they will improve their concepts by time.
(2012-06-21, 12:40)protocol77 Wrote:
(2012-06-21, 07:33)Ned Scott Wrote: We also now have an official Team XBMC iOS remote: Official XBMC Remote/iOS (wiki) (and it's free).

if i was to do this and use it on my tv with the hdmi would i get full widescreen 1080p or would it be that stupid 4:3 screen i heard about that the ipad outputs

btw do you happen to know a good guide for jailbreaking the ipad 3 as i have never done it before and do not want to screw it up in case i break the thing completely

I too echo protocol77...if/when iPad 3 Jailbreak appears it will make my wife VERY happy...my life easier....and I will be even more happy when XBMC runs on my S Galaxy Tab 10.1!
I cherish the day...!! haha

cheers
Dok
+1 for the Official Team XBMC IOS Remote... As it's free why don't you just try it out... I've also installed XBMC on my iPad too and love it... Soaking in a bath watching a flick
Optoma HD Projector, Panasonic TX-P65VT65 Plasma, Pioneer SC2023 AVR, Kef Q65 main, iQ8ds rear, XQ2C centre, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung LE40C650, SKY HD, Lutron Lighting, Crestron AV2 control

(Server)CPU - AMD Phenom ii 560, MB - M4A78LT-M, 32GB Corsair SSD, 4GB Corsair DDR3, 6x 1.5TB HDD's

XBMC Clients x2 (DSPlayer)
....and as if by magic....my prayers are answered!!!!

I love you tech gurus!
(2012-06-21, 17:39)xdoktor Wrote: I too echo protocol77...if/when iPad 3 Jailbreak appears it will make my wife VERY happy...my life easier....and I will be even more happy when XBMC runs on my S Galaxy Tab 10.1!

cheers
Dok

your wife must be happy then?
(2012-06-21, 12:40)protocol77 Wrote: if i was to do this and use it on my tv with the hdmi would i get full widescreen 1080p or would it be that stupid 4:3 screen i heard about that the ipad outputs

If you use a nightly build then you will get native iOS video output which will be widescreen.

As for guides, not sure. I would check the normal places, like http://idownloadblog.com , http://modmyi.com , etc. I've never heard of anyone bricking an iDevice with a jailbreak, either, so you can always restore from an iTunes backup if worse comes to worse.
(2012-06-21, 17:39)xdoktor Wrote: I too echo protocol77...if/when iPad 3 Jailbreak appears it will make my wife VERY happy...my life easier....and I will be even more happy when XBMC runs on my S Galaxy Tab 10.1!

cheers
Dok

iPad 3 jailbreak is already out.
What's out there for Android?
(2012-06-24, 19:09)MxChris Wrote: What's out there for Android?

Someone on the forums made a nice list on the wiki: Android remotes (wiki).
Warming up this old thread - are there any experiences out there with iApps in concjunction with Frodo builds?

Official XBMC works for me, Commander crashes in "film view" and cannot show / play album titles (play whole album works), with Constellation i can only browse library but cannot play anything or display play list...

Peter

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best XBMC App for Ipad0