[RELEASE] PlayRemote - Play your media on remote XBMCs
Hi,
here's a little service add-on:
When playing media, a dialog appears where you can choose between local and remote playback (Play/Queue).
After installing the add-on, the options will appear at the first playback. Type in the needed connection-data for your remote XBMCs (max. 3).
The local media must of course be equally accessible from both XBMCs.

The same add-on is also available as a normal script, where the dialog only appears when running the script.

The addon is probably more useful for iPad users:
At a friend, I noticed that with the combination iPad/ATV2 the remoting is not the best.
With the remote control it is not very convenient and fast to browse through your media. During playback, it's nearly impossible because of the atv2 performance.
iPad remote apps can play local media, but unfortunately you can not browse through addons.

Download v1.0.1

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with your addon. I tried to set up both the script and the service individually.

When I install the service from the link provided here, I get nothing listed in services and nothing happens when running a video. If I install what you have on github, I get the service running with the configure screen open when I run a video, but it will not close. I tried to put in the info of another computer running XBMC on my network but the config screen does not close (again this is the github version.) and it does not seem to do anything to the other computer's XBMC.

If I disable that and install the script, I can configure the addon in the programs section (I believe) but nothing appears when I run a video. I never get to see the screen you posted in you pic above.

I am currently running Eden on windows 7 home premium. My goal was to find a way to send a link of what was playing on my laptops XBMC to the XBMC of the htpc attached to my TV, then close the XBMC on my laptop and continue to work. I can't read the XBMC on my TV from where I sit so I would have to get up from my work in order to get something running. I wanted to send a link and not stream from my laptop as it would use too many of my resources to stream and do work. I saw this and thought it was my perfect solution.

Thank You for your work and any help on this matter, even if it is my fault and not the addon, please point me to a readme so I can try and adapt
(2012-08-08, 17:43)winylisa Wrote: Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with your addon. I tried to set up both the script and the service individually.

When I install the service from the link provided here, I get nothing listed in services and nothing happens when running a video. If I install what you have on github, I get the service running with the configure screen open when I run a video, but it will not close. I tried to put in the info of another computer running XBMC on my network but the config screen does not close (again this is the github version.) and it does not seem to do anything to the other computer's XBMC.
Hi,
the linked zip should be exactly the same as the code from github. Maybe you have to restart xbmc after installing to get it showing up.
You have to type in ALL data (choose any name) in the settings screen, else it wont go away! Then hit "OK"... On the remote xbmc you have to enable "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP" in the Network settings.

(2012-08-08, 17:43)winylisa Wrote: If I disable that and install the script, I can configure the addon in the programs section (I believe) but nothing appears when I run a video. I never get to see the screen you posted in you pic above.
When you are using the script, the dialog only appears when running the script. If want it to show up automatically, you have to use the service.

(2012-08-08, 17:43)winylisa Wrote: I am currently running Eden on windows 7 home premium. My goal was to find a way to send a link of what was playing on my laptops XBMC to the XBMC of the htpc attached to my TV, then close the XBMC on my laptop and continue to work. I can't read the XBMC on my TV from where I sit so I would have to get up from my work in order to get something running. I wanted to send a link and not stream from my laptop as it would use too many of my resources to stream and do work. I saw this and thought it was my perfect solution.
That's exactly what this addon is made for Smile

(2012-08-08, 17:43)winylisa Wrote: Thank You for your work and any help on this matter, even if it is my fault and not the addon, please point me to a readme so I can try and adapt
Sorry for the non existing readme. I will try to put some useful info together and change some code, so its easier to use...

greetings,
asde

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PlayRemote - Play your media on remote XBMCs0