OS X AirPlay on Eden PPC
Star 
Hi all,

First of all, thanks a lot for all the great work! I've been using for a while now, mainly on my old 1st gen Xbox. Still works today!

I recently tried the latest version of XBMC (Eden) for PPC on my G4 iBook to use it as an airplay receiver.
The app runs ok, and pictures are streamed from iPad to laptop without a problem. But when I try to stream music or video, nothing happens on XBMC. It doesn't even hangs ....

Any idea? Did anybody tried AirPlay on a PPC Mac? I had a hard time trying to find any user report, that's why I decided to ask the community directly Wink

Thanks for your help !!
You had a hard time to find a user report because the PPC stuff isn't used that much anymore imo. Same for us devs - most of us simply don't have PPC stuff to test witth. Apple phased out PPC support a while ago - and XBMC did it too. I know Eden is the last PPC version, but tbh i wouldn't wonder when some stuff is broken on PPC in Eden due to the lack of testing possibilities.

You could post a debug xbmc.log when trying to play a video. But if you ask me - don't count on any fixes for PPC.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the answer !!

I guessed you would reply that, but I wanted to try … Would have been interesting to give those old PPC Macs a new life, but I understand developers on this project don't have a lot of time / ressources to support these legacy systems.
hi
i cannot enable my airplay on the atv2 (black) i instaled tonight the xbmc eden on a mac.. i already turn off the native airplay from the setting menu...
i dont know what to do next
already tested on iphone 4, 4s and ipad 2
please help !

thank u very much
You are totally highjacking this thread. This is about PPC (powerpc). Please make a new thread in the ios forum.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AirPlay on Eden PPC0