Zotac ZBOX AD04 IR Remote, once pressed, keeps inputting command as if button 'stuck'
hello

Im new to XBMC and have been trying out all different options the last days.

Ive gotten xbmc to work nicely, and now its time to install the IR remote.

The driver delivered with the ZBOX: ITECIR doen not install properly. Says ive have to reboot and try again. Same problem arises when i try again. However, I my device manager still gives 4 HID Compliant Consumer devices. I have uninstalled them, and when reinstering usb connector of IR device, these automatically reapper. When I update driver with files directly found in ITECIR driver, windows says driver is up to date and ddevice working accordingly.

This leads me to believe the remote works ok! The windows button even starts media center, and there it works fin. Sooo, next thing i did was configure event ghost. All goes well. and hitting the buttons delivers correct inputs in event ghost.

Now comes the problem. In XBMC, when I press any arrow button, xbmc goes 'that direction' and continues to do so indefinately. As if the button is stuck. I can only get rin of it when i close XBMC with alt f4.

Im kind of stuck now, because I dont know how to solve this problem. The remote worked fine in media center (no 'stuck' button), however in XBMC it keeps on performing initial actions indefinately.

Has anyone had this problem before, and know what to do?

Thanks for the help, and thanks xbmc for an awsome program!!

Edit: I adjusted options under system and turned off mouse/trackpad option aswell as: ir uses key keyboard strokes. Still same problem
(2012-06-21, 20:48)ingeni Wrote: hello

Im new to XBMC and have been trying out all different options the last days.

Ive gotten xbmc to work nicely, and now its time to install the IR remote.

The driver delivered with the ZBOX: ITECIR doen not install properly. Says ive have to reboot and try again. Same problem arises when i try again. However, I my device manager still gives 4 HID Compliant Consumer devices. I have uninstalled them, and when reinstering usb connector of IR device, these automatically reapper. When I update driver with files directly found in ITECIR driver, windows says driver is up to date and ddevice working accordingly.

This leads me to believe the remote works ok! The windows button even starts media center, and there it works fin. Sooo, next thing i did was configure event ghost. All goes well. and hitting the buttons delivers correct inputs in event ghost.

Now comes the problem. In XBMC, when I press any arrow button, xbmc goes 'that direction' and continues to do so indefinately. As if the button is stuck. I can only get rin of it when i close XBMC with alt f4.

Im kind of stuck now, because I dont know how to solve this problem. The remote worked fine in media center (no 'stuck' button), however in XBMC it keeps on performing initial actions indefinately.

Has anyone had this problem before, and know what to do?

Thanks for the help, and thanks xbmc for an awsome program!!

Edit: I adjusted options under system and turned off mouse/trackpad option aswell as: ir uses key keyboard strokes. Still same problem

I had the same problem on a brand new Zotac AD04, it seems to be very finicky about the location of the IR receiver. After moving it back and forth in different directions it seems to work ok.
Hope you get it sorted.
Hello,

I also have the problem when pressing the arrow button on my Zotac AD04 remote, xbmc (Eden 11.0, Win7 x64) goes 'that direction' and continuously remains do that. Moving the IR receiver to another locaties doesn't help with me. Anyone here with an solution?

Thanks!
Hi Guys,

Got the same problem with my ID80 remote running XBMCbuntu.
Is there a workaround?

Strange thing is that I've installed 4 ID80, 2 are working fine and 2 aren't. The 2 that don't work are from the same batch I think. The other 2 are purchased later.
Maybe its a hardware problem?

Kind Regards
San
Is anyone still having this problem? I am having this problem and have not been able to find a solution. My problem is with a remote on a Zotac Zbox ID82.

If anyone knows of a solution to this problem with the remote, if you could please let us know, that would be great.

thank you,
Same thing here. I wonder if it has to do with the EventGhost XBMC2 plugin or anything. I think if I uninstall EventGhost, my remote goes back to functioning as expected. However, then I lose all of the functionality I programmed for the remote Sad

If anyone has found an answer I'd love to hear it as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX AD04 IR Remote, once pressed, keeps inputting command as if button 'stuck'0