Issue After Adding XFX R6770
I currently Am having a strange issue after I added the xfx r6770 card to my new HTPC build. My build can be seen here: My New HTPC Build

I am currently running windows 7, and the newest may build of XBMC. Which I boot directly into using the shell method discussed here: Boot As A Shell

These are my specs:
MB: Asrock A75 Pro4-M
CPU: AMD A8-3850
Ram: 4Gx2 PNY MD8192KD3-1600-X9 R (8 gig total)
PSU: SILVERSTONE ST50F-ES 500W
SSD: OCZ Petrol PTL1-25SAT3-64G (Windows OS + XBMC)
Case: SILVERSTONE Grandia Series GD05B

Now on to my issue: I have noticed that after installing the card and drivers and rebooting, that the fan on the card seems to run at a crazy high rpm when I boot into xmbc, and it doesn't slow down. If I exit xbmc and start explorer.exe to switch to windows it slows down to my normal settings. if i run xmbc after I'm in windows the fan works normally. I currently have he fan on the gpu set to run at 40% and my case and cpu fans at level 4.

After about 2 hours of use my cpu seems to be running at 28c/82f, and my gpu seems stable at about 51c. Im not sure if thats good or not?

Can anyone help me with this? Any help is appreciated greatly.
I may be completely wrong, but I suspect that whats happening is that your PC is not loading the fan control drivers when you boot straight into XBMC, and that when you start explorer.exe, your drivers are loaded as well... As how to how to fix this, I have no idea I'm afraid.
HTPC: AMD A6-3500, 4GB RAM, OCZ Agility 3 90GB SSD, 2 1TB Hard Drives in RAID 0, nVidia GeForce 8400GS (soon to be replaced), Logitech Wireless Mouse and Keyboard, XBMC Eden 11.0
LAPTOP: Apple Macbook Pro 15, Late 2011 Model, 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M & Intel HD 3000, 8GB RAM, OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSD, XBMC Eden 11.0
iPhone 4S 16GB with iTunes Match
Try running MSI Afterburner, and set a custom fan curve. Or keep it at a constant speed, if you wish.
I'm damn near 100% sure Djfalconer is correct. Everything works amazingly well, until I set up windows to boot directly into xbmc. Is there anyway of auto starting xbmc after windows loads? maybe then it would have time toload whatever controls it needs.
(2012-06-29, 06:24)Horrorjunkie616 Wrote: I'm damn near 100% sure Djfalconer is correct. Everything works amazingly well, until I set up windows to boot directly into xbmc. Is there anyway of auto starting xbmc after windows loads? maybe then it would have time toload whatever controls it needs.
You can simply copy XBMC.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC and paste it in C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.....

You can try the two options below to force fullscreen and delay at startup (it'll allow Windows to fully startup befor XBMC startup):

1. "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -fs -d 10

2. Startup as "Maximized" as shown below:

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I use a scheduled task...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue After Adding XFX R67700