Iomega Tv Hardware but with a XBMC solution
Hi. I bought a Iomega Tv with Boxee 1Tb storage. I researching for 3 weeks to buy the best solution for me, a box that can be remotely accessed, that could download torrents directly into the memory, that could have both HDMI and composite output and that could ease the looking for subtitles for every single movie I own (I'm from Portugal).

The best solution I've find Iomega Tv with Boxee and although people who purchased this complained about the remote, I had to opportunity to buy this for around 200 dollars, so I ceased the opportunity.
The problem is that the problems referred by other users happened to me too and more. The remote is shitty, subtitles function doesn't work (it seems like some problem regarding the latest update and that the Iomega Boxee doesn't allow to downgrade), I have to buy a both-hand USB cable to try to copy my movie files to the 1Tb disk (as the Iomega Tv box only has 2 USB connections and a Ethernet cable has connectors) and haven't managed to mount the server and NAS capabilities yet. So, I'm returning the product and I'm looking again for the perfect solution for me.

What I found in my researches:
Mac Mini with server (1Tb disk) - This was one of the best solutions for me, cause I could use XBMC and have a adicional Mac on my Tv. Cons: No composite output and no Optical audio
Boxee box - Great but no storage, no composite and no NAS functionality.
Xtreamer - Don't know much about this, but I didn't find it to have much connections
Asus Eeebox - Looks like a good solution, lacks composite but I find it a little expensive for what it does

So, that said, is there a solution for me? I could even pay 500 dollars if I knew I would be well served.

Thank you for your time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Iomega Tv Hardware but with a XBMC solution0