• 4(current)
New Fork: Voice Control For XBMC Remote
Sounds good Seymour, interested to see how it runs.
Sweet Seymour! If you have any questions about the mess I coded - feel free to ask.
Sorry I've been too busy to work on this lately guys.
Hey niftydude how should I go about checking changes in? Should I make a new fork or do you want to give me write access on github? I created a 4x1 homescreen widget that has four buttons. One launches xbmc remote, one launches the your voice command activity, and the other two do not do anything yet. My plans for the other two are as follows: one will be a play/pause button and the other will toggle a volume mode that I am working on. I am hoping that when the volume mode is toggled on the phones hardware volume buttons will adjust the xbmc's volume. Another future enhancement I will be working towards will be lock screen controls. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know.

You should perhaps more work on integratin this job in the tom. builds or the next official, but this one is based on the very old official that does not have JSON support.

So this won't be able to work with Xbmc Frodo that will soon be out Sad
Hey Seymour,
I'm happy to give you check-in access on github - what is your username?
(2013-01-12, 11:04)Tolriq Wrote: You should perhaps more work on integratin this job in the tom. builds or the next official, but this one is based on the very old official that does not have JSON support.

Yeah I agree, I'm using Frodo now. What are your thoughts about getting this in sync with Toms repo? I'd be up for helping if I can....

Cheers
John
(2013-01-13, 09:23)jblance Wrote:
(2013-01-12, 11:04)Tolriq Wrote: You should perhaps more work on integratin this job in the tom. builds or the next official, but this one is based on the very old official that does not have JSON support.

Yeah I agree, I'm using Frodo now. What are your thoughts about getting this in sync with Toms repo? I'd be up for helping if I can....

Ok - there seems to be a bit of desire to merge up to the latest code base - I'm probably upgrading to Frodo in the next 3 or 4 months, so I agree it is a good move. Is Tom's repo stable? Or is it still changing quite a lot? If it is stable - I'm happy to merge up - it should be fairly easy because we are all using github - however I'm out of the country till the beginning of Feb, and so it probably won't get done until then.
It seems pretty stable to me - most current and stable of the 'Official' remote line so far

I'm very new with Git but Im happy to help if you need it.

Hi jblance,
i am happy for you to have a go at this. What is your github user account?

I have kept the voice recognition stuff pretty independent, so it shouldn't be too hard. Basically there are just two things that need to happen.

1. Merge all changes from the tombriden repository into my repo.
2. Copy any changes (new methods, etc) I made to files within the httpapi directory to the jsonrpc directory, and modify those changes slightly to be done the jsonrpc way.

If you pm me a diff, I can look over those changes before you commit them in.

Thanks for this!
Let me know if you have any questions.
(2013-01-14, 23:37)niftydude Wrote: Hi jblance,
i am happy for you to have a go at this. What is your github user account?

I have kept the voice recognition stuff pretty independent, so it shouldn't be too hard. Basically there are just two things that need to happen.

1. Merge all changes from the tombriden repository into my repo.
2. Copy any changes (new methods, etc) I made to files within the httpapi directory to the jsonrpc directory, and modify those changes slightly to be done the jsonrpc way.

If you pm me a diff, I can look over those changes before you commit them in.

Thanks for this!
Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi

Im jblance on github as well

I've forked the tombriden repo already, so I'll branch my repo and have a go

Cheers

OK - I've added you as a collaborator, so you should be able to check in now.
Hmm, looks pretty good so far

Ive got a branch (nifty) in my git hub, which is your work merged into the tombridenmerge branch on freezy's repo

Merged cleanly - only a couple of small changes to get it to compile (a few auto generated stubs will need completing)

Seems to work against my RC3 - though Google Voice has trouble with my accent....

I'm still a little nervous about pushing anything to your repo....
Hey good work!
A bit strange though - did you find the code I was talking about that needed to be copied from httpapi to jsonrpc? Some functions might not work until that is done.

I'm happy to look over what you have done before you push it up. Go to eclipse, right click on the XBMC package, then generate a diff file (I think the menu choices are something like Team->Create Patch from memory). Then pm the diff to me, and I'll take a look to make sure nothing is obviously bad, and then you can push it through.

Pushing to my repo isn't too much of an issue - my last commit is labelled, so if it makes too much of a mess we can always roll back to before the changes...

Thanks again!
I have not looked deeply at the httpapi changes yet.
First step was merge and get it building Tongue

It looks like:
- src/org/xbmc/jsonrpc/client/MusicClient.java will need getAlbums(INotifiableManager manager, String albumname, int sortBy, String sortOrder) and getSongs(INotifiableManager manager, String songname, int sortBy, String sortOrder) porting
- src/org/xbmc/jsonrpc/client/VideoClient.java will need getMovies((NotifiableManager manager, String moviename, int sortBy, String sortOrder, boolean hideWatched) porting

I'll try generating a diff tomorrow, but note that I merged at 'backwards' (that is I started from the freezy/tombriden combined merge and incorporated your work)

As an aside the following two commits got the Frodo + your voice control to compile and build
https://github.com/jblance/android-xbmcr...50de22574d
https://github.com/jblance/android-xbmcr...db76432b26

Regards
It it looks (to me) like the JSON API doesn't support searching in the way required for the voice control, for example my reading of methods.json suggests the filter options for VideoLibrary.GetMovies are:
- genreid
- genre
- year
- actor
- director
- studio
- country
- setid
- set
- tag

If this is correct, options are:
1: Get all movies and filter client side, or
2: Expand the API to support searching by name (movie, album, song etc)

Of course I may be completely missing something. Blush

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Fork: Voice Control For XBMC Remote2