Can Mouse/Keyboard/Remote use 1 Receiver?
Right now I have 3 wireless devices connected to my MediaCenter-PC, and unfortunately each one is using a different IR Receiver as they were all purchased separately. A while back it was just 2 (Mouse/Keyboard used one and remote used one) which wasn't an issue, but after the dog ate the mouse, I am SOL as I am out of front USB ports.

Can these all be configured to use the same one to free up some of the USB slots?
Unfortunately not. Your mouse and keyboard are IR but your remote is probably RF. If your out of USB slots just get a USB hub. You can plug over 100 devices in one USB

Now if you buy programmable RF devices then you can. But I don't know of any mice or keyboards that are programmable
Check the mother board there could be some spare ones

What I did with my Bluetooth keyboard/mouse Put the receiver inside on to the mother board
Sorry forget what the plug is call .
@myle,
Is this what you're referring to?
http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-Motherboa...B000IV6S9S
If the OP's wireless devices are truly all IR, then it wouldn't work to internalize one of the receivers. If any of the devices is actually RF, then this is certainly an option.

@CrimsonGT,
Does your system have USB ports on the back panel (assuming it's not some sort of nettop box with limited connectors)? If so, how about connecting one of the dongles to a back USB port with a short USB extension cable and bringing the receiver around to the front? You can position the receiver so that it is unobtrusive while still allowing it to reliably pick-up the IR signals from your wireless input device.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Mouse/Keyboard/Remote use 1 Receiver?0