Win Another "XBMC Subtitles not working" thread. Sigh...
Like many others after updating to Eden, I started having problems with XBMC Subtitles. Right now I did clean install of Windows and XBMC, but problem still there. Long story short, I click on subtitles button, choose a subtitle I want, click on it, it says "Subtitles downloaded and extracted", but no subtitles anywhere. I tried several folders including My Documents - no go. Same was on my old Windows installation, so I guess it's a major issue. On previous XBMC version everything worked flawless.

Here's my debug log: http://pastebin.com/TykF0bMk

Any solution will be appreciated.
utf-8 issue, being worked on

and for the record, thats is not the proper Debug Log, you need to enable debug logging
(2012-06-26, 23:10)amet Wrote: utf-8 issue, being worked on

So, there's no fix to that right now and I should wait for update, right?

(2012-06-26, 23:10)amet Wrote: and for the record, thats is not the proper debug log, you need to enable debug logging

I don't know, what do you mean under "proper", but I've enabled debug logging before copying and posting it here.

(2012-06-26, 23:12)czorny Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 23:10)amet Wrote: utf-8 issue, being worked on

So, there's no fix to that right now and I should wait for update, right?

yes

(2012-06-26, 23:12)czorny Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 23:10)amet Wrote: and for the record, thats is not the proper debug log, you need to enable debug logging

I don't know, what do you mean under "proper", but I've enabled debug logging before copying and posting it here.

my bad, missed the DEBUG lines in there... apologies
Got some subtitles script failed errors to.

Debug log file here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4131

Björn in your Win path causes the issue... we are working on a fix
Thanks alot amet. Smile I will tell my friend to change the name. Big Grin
(2012-06-27, 12:39)Eminem Wrote: Thanks alot amet. Smile I will tell my friend to change the name. Big Grin

always the easiest solution, just on Windows... no need to do it on the passport and/or drivers licence Smile
amet, isn't there a way to change the default config/DB files location? Can it be moved to, let's say, C:\simple_ascii_dir_name\xbmc?
Changing the name through the Control Panel doesn't change the path (of course)...
What's the bug id/ticket # for this issue?
not sure how windows does it.. there is portable mode but I am not familiar with how it works
hmm... ok... i thought there might be a way to change it from the XBMC level.
What surprises me is that it used to work before. XBMC has a built-in Python 2.4 interpreter (correct me if I'm wrong), that had problems with UTF-8 encoded paths. I know it's fixed in most recent version of Python 3. But, nevertheless, why did it work before?
because it used to write to special://profile/bla, now it has to translate before it writes.
(2012-06-26, 21:34)czorny Wrote: Like many others after updating to Eden, I started having problems with XBMC Subtitles. Right now I did clean install of Windows and XBMC, but problem still there. Long story short, I click on subtitles button, choose a subtitle I want, click on it, it says "Subtitles downloaded and extracted", but no subtitles anywhere. I tried several folders including My Documents - no go. Same was on my old Windows installation, so I guess it's a major issue. On previous XBMC version everything worked flawless.

Here's my debug log: http://pastebin.com/TykF0bMk

Have you done some updates to Eden? Cause I still have this same problem and I just installed the latest one...
Would appreciate it if you let me know about this status...

I have exactly the same problem as described, but I run XBMC 11.0-Pre compiled August 8 on Xubuntu 12.04.
It worked fine throughout space and time. Then for many months, subtitles were at the top of the screen. Doctors were stunned and had never seen this before. Now since the past, I don't know, month or so, after an update, no more subtitles are displayed after a successful download.

Does this have the same cause, or are the issues on Linux different and should I open a new topic about it?
Try Xubuntu. It's the new Ubuntu.
Without going through the debug logs yet, I've noticed that the first time I choose a subtitle to download, it does not appear on the video. If I do the same procedure a second time and choose the same subtitle, it works. Strange, I'll check out the debug log when I get home from work.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another "XBMC Subtitles not working" thread. Sigh...0