Will it work? (xtreamer ultra2)
Hi
I've been using xbmc for a while on a ideq 330p which is maxed out hardware wise.

Problem is it's not silent (i've fitted better fans and controllers) and i'm fedup big time as i have to turn the audio up when the films go quiet. I also have 2 under 2's asleep upstairs so not good.

So i decided to invest in a boxee box 2 weeks ago. I have 3 x dlink dns-323's with 2 x 2tb in each (all my media is already scraped and stored on the drives). I ran into issues straight away with the unit crashing as soon as i added just one drive (never had an issue before). I then gave up trying to add my media after spending 3 days adding media and it crashing then when i was on the last drive it reset and i lost everything. I then decided to just play a 8gb mkv, then one of my children started crying near the end of the movie. I paused and went to sorted her out and when i got back the screen was black and the unit had over heated. I have now returned the item.

I have now purchased a xtreamer ultra 2. It should be with me tomorrow after the purchase system and tracking on the xtreamer site is next to non. I have had so many issues trying to find out where my system is.

Whats your thoughts on the system? as i have found no reviews and no unboxing or anything....

I will upload a youtube vid with a review once tested and up and running.
Samsung LE46C750 46" 3D, denon 1909 7.1 av,
Xtreamer Ultra 2 Delux,
3 x Dlink DNS-323 = 12TB = 4500+ Movies and 16000+ TV epps
All i can say is wow. This thing is so fast and smooth!!!

I had some issues when i first got it due to the openelec version being old and also the bios.

I've updated to the latest openelec ultra 2 build and latest bios (this was a fix for a temp sensor) and have to say this thing stops for nothing!!! I even have MQ3 installed (set to pro) and in my xbmc database theres 4100+ movies and 11000+ tv episodes and still nothing stops it.

Also the remote is amazing and just works stright out the box and will make life for my wife so much easier as all the buttons are labeled. Time to ditch the logitech dinono mini me thinks.

Anyone thinking of getting one and using it with a receiver remember to to set the sound to plughw:1,3

I just need to do some youtube video now when i have time (moving house atm)
Xtreamer Ultra 2 Delux,
These look fairly decent and I'm considering getting one myself Smile

Are you still running the preinstalled OpenELEC and XMBC or have you put Windows 7 on there? I'd love to know how well these run with Windows 7 installed and if they can play full HD 3D movies.

Cheers
The openelec version that comes on it is quite old (1.95.2 i think) so upgrading to the lastest fixes allot of issues and really easy to do. I've not put windows 7 on as i wanted to keep it simple for the mrs. On the forums theres loads of people using windows 7 and the drivers are on the website if needed.
Xtreamer Ultra 2 Delux,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will it work? (xtreamer ultra2)0