RAW image format files (from digital cameras like Canon, Nikon, etc.) "RAW" photos
Done: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5744

Thanks for the needed info! Smile
I'll do a test win32 build with the patch provided by spiff....
Thank you both! Laugh
@spiff where the heck is this 'strFileName' normally declared ?
Thank you both!

[edit]
Just a small question though... will this go in the xbox-version also?
My wife is bugging me she can't watch our pictures without grabbing her laptop Rolleyes
win32 test build done, download from the link below

XBMCSetup-Rev17268-jester-cr2.exe
Downloading now! Oh man, I hope this works! Tongue
Tested and found to be not working.
Used 4 CR2's from sites provided by Gamester17, none work, they just give a black screen.

(In addition, in this build, the left enter-button doesn't work anymore, took me some time to figure that out :-P )
Fire69 Wrote:Tested and found to be not working.
Used 4 CR2's from sites provided by Gamester17, none work, they just give a black screen.

(In addition, in this build, the left enter-button doesn't work anymore, took me some time to figure that out :-P )

can you post a debug log?
http://pastebin.com/mcd5448c

I'm guessing this line is the most relevant in the log:
  1. 14:50:14 T:4392 M:1133662208 DEBUG: msg: PICTURE::CreateThumbnail: Unable to open image: C:\Data\Pictures\img_0013.cr2 Error:CxImageRAW: missing raw decoder
Well, then it looks like raw isn't enabled even though it is enabled in the vs files.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Please tell me there is an easy solution for that? Big Grin
If it's simply not enabled then it is easy. If it's enabled and still shows this message then it might get difficult.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:If it's simply not enabled then it is easy. If it's enabled and still shows this message then it might get difficult.

WiSo Wrote:Unfortunately there seems no easy solution Wink
the raw library is enabled as I can see the downloaded test dng images.
It looks like that the CR2 format even though specified isn't supported by CXimage.
Additionally I've got a lot of in memory exception when XBMC tries to create the thumbnails.

So we'll need to contact the author of CXimage to check out this problem? Sad
Last build for CXImage dates back to 2004...
Could it just be that it's too old and doesn't support the newer Canon RAW-files?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RAW image format files (from digital cameras like Canon, Nikon, etc.) "RAW" photos0