Lose library every time power flickers
Hi im running an atv2 with dual 3tb western digital my book live network editions. Everything works great until the power goes out or flickers then i lose my library, i have tried saving my library and just adding it again but cannot get it to work. When i have to let the library find all the information for 6 tb of files it takes along time. I checked to see if the ip address of the hard drives changes and it stays the same. Also i have to jailbreak the atv2 every time this happens to get it to work again. If anyone has had the same problem or can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like you have a tethered boot. What's causing the library to be lost is the re-jailbreak, which basically reformats the ATV2's memory. You only need to select "tethered boot" in Seas0nPass to get it to work, so you don't have to re-jailbreak.

That being said, an untethered jailbreak (one that just works when power goes out or reboots and requires no special tricks) is already out, so you might as well grab the latest copy of Seas0nPass and set everything up with the untethered boot.
sorry i should have said i have an untethered jailbreak, i had the tethered jailbreak but went to untethered i have the same problem with either way i jailbreak it. it still shows all the movies and TV shows in my library but wont allow me to play them unless i erase the library and re add everything. sometimes it wont erase everything so i rejailbreak it so it wipes the memory and reinstall xbmc.
Sounds like the paths are changing in that case? What does it do - prompt you for deletion?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Having to rejailbreak it every time it happens makes it sound like something bigger than XBMC is happening here.
So, do a new re-jailbreak - untethered to be sure, install xbmc

The issue seems to be database corruption due to power failure, (post a debug log for us to verify that) in the mean time, get a small ups so your power stays up and you don't get these problems (and complain to your power company Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lose library every time power flickers0