• 7(current)
How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC
Well I tried http://allthingspi.webspace.virginmedia.com/lms.php to get LMS working and just never could get it to work correctly - it would say it started but then when I tried accessing via web (192.168....:9000) nothing would come up - page not found would actually come up.
So just read the wiki and it doesn't actually say how to install LMS on raspbmc.

Are you just installing the normal debian package within raspbmc and it works fine? If so, that how to I found is useless Wink Or is LMS pre-installed with raspbmc?
I'm making some progress but still have more questions.

One of which is - will this work with sql setup? http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...sing_MySQL

The issue is that none of the media is technically local, everything scanned to XBMC is through NFS (even on the local computer as it's synced via the sql method).

Guidance much appreciated
LMS install issues you'll have to solve yourself - XSqueeze is just something that connects to a running LMS. I suggest running LMS on a non Pi machine, it's a pretty demanding server app. There are massive forums about LMS etc. and many many set up guides to be found.

The XBMC library is in now way involved so SQL or not is irrelevant to this. I use SQL myself. It certainly does not conflict with XSqueeze.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Edit: well I got it to work but on the Pi it lags really bad so basically useless...not sure if you had this also but I'm a bit bummed. Between other systems (3) it works brilliantly, with Pi the stutter is so bad it can't be used. tried multiple skins to try to tone down the CPU usage and just couldn't get there.
Yeah the Pi sucks basically. I experience the same.

My polling approach is not ideal and probably contributes a lot - it should be re-written to use subscribe/listen but I don't have the time.

Works well on decent hardware, though. And by that I mean even basic atom machines etc.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Completely understood, thanks for your time Smile I've put in a feature request to implement non LMS synced playback within XBMC itself. I think LMS is what makes the pi struggle but maybe I'm wrong. I mean it can stream 1080p video fine, use hulu plugin fine, etc.. etc... so it seems like it *should* be capable of synced playback.

Just if your interested to offer feedback: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166087 my feature request
I would really appreciate some help getting this up and running on my 3 Openelec boxes round my house.

I have followed the guide up to step 3 successfully, but step 4 doesn't work for me. Here is a video which shows what happens.

http://db.tt/AByuCF5U

Thanks in advance.
Join us here and post a full debug log: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...&page=last

I last treid in on 3.1.7 OE - I know that from 3.0.4 to 3.1.6 it was broken but either side of that appears to be ok (they broke it)
hi good looking your site nice posting thanks for sharing information i like this blog.

Pilates Online
Best Pilates
you say this can be done on "arm machines".

i have an android box (called atv1200) and it has an "Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 " processor.

could i use your addon on this box?

if thats not possible thencan i skip xbmc altogther and use the squeezebox android app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ayer&hl=en
Basically, if you can find an arm binary of squeezeslave or (more likely) squeezelite that works on your platform from the command line, then getting it to work with XSqueeze is no drama, and I'd be happy to help if you dig up such a binary.

As to what you can do with other software - not my department, that one!
fair enough, thanks for the reply. im no IT newb but i dont really know what a binary is so i'll need to give this a miss Sad
binary = executable = program = something you can run Smile Visit the project pages and look for downloads, download, see if you can run on your machine from command line.
I have Xsqueeze 1.0.6 installed on two XBMC 12.3 instances (one a ubuntu install, the other a windows 8.1 install).

The LMS server is running on a 3rd server (CentOS 5).

If I run Xsqueeze on both XBMC instances, and then control playback from the LMS WebUI I can synchronize both Xsqueeze instances.

I installed the spotify app from the LMS WebUI and tried to play songs from there. The songs will show up in the LMS playlist and will appear to start, but after about 3 seconds, the playback time goes back to zero and nothing happens. The artwork shows up on both Xsqueeze instances, but nothing ever plays.

Does the Xsqueeze wrapper still work with spotify? Is there another way to use Spotify and synch the Xsqueeze instances?

Also, I have a problem trying to exit Xsqueeze. I get the toaster pop-up stating that it is trying to do some clean-up and will take 10 or so seconds, but Xsqueeze never closes. If I try to close again, I get the cool your jets toaster pop-up message. Is there a method for getting Xsqueeze to shutdown properly?

Thank You.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC2