Win Running XBMC on Vista to GTVBox on Logitech Revue
When I go open GTVBox on my Revue, I can only go into the movies category of my library, which won't show any tv episodes I have no matter the directory. My options only show Movies and Recently Added Movies, and after reading post after post, and wiki after wiki, I can no longer even see my movies, I can only see folders now.
On my computer, XMBC is awesome, but over UPNP it's so un-user friendly I want to bash things. The ONLY reason I need it is to watch .mkv files on my Revue.
XBMC's UPnP server is mostly meant to just serve files to other installations of XBMC. It's very lacking as an actual UPnP server. There are several others, often marketed for PS3s and Xbox360s, that are much better.
Yeah, but I don't have either of those. The only device I have is a Revue. When I use Avia media player it can see mkv files but it won't play them, and GTVBox media player will play mkv files but it can't see them. I know it has something to do with Windows Media Player and the types of files it will play, but even with the correct splitter I'm still having issues. Thus my hope that xbmc was my answer, but now it seems that it's totally messed up what I can see.
Meh, nevermind. I installed Squeezebox, and everything worked fine with zero tweaking.
You don't have to have a ps3 or xbox360. A UPnP server is the same for all UPnP clients, since it's all using the same standard. It would work all the same in your GTV box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running XBMC on Vista to GTVBox on Logitech Revue0