• 4(current)
Shuttle XS35GT-V3 - fanless, AMD 7410m, ATOM D2700
(2012-07-24, 06:57)longsh0t Wrote: Played back some 3D SBS movies and they played back just fine. My TV does the rest of the conversion but I didn't notice any stutter or lag. Played Captain America and John Carter. To be clear, I'm running gigabit throughout my house but I'm not sure if it's the NIC or the new CPU that is making the difference.

If there are any additional tests you want me to try just let me know.

Good to know. It sounds like a great silent little box (pun intended).
HTPC: i5 3570K || Noctua NH-L12 || ASRock Z77E-ITX || 8GB Samsung Eco || Intel 330 120GB || Lian Li PC-Q09 ||
Main Desktop: i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz || Epic 180 on Epic T1000 TIM || Asus Z68 Deluxe || 16GB Ripjaws @ 2133 ||
|| Maingear Shift || EVGA 8800GTS 640MB || OWC Mecury Electra 3G || 320GB, 2x500GB, 1.5Tb, 2x2TB ||
Finally got this baby..
and i luv it Big Grin
haha great!
Hi all,

I've been testing this machine for about a month and it's nothing but trouble for me. I tried playing 720p and 1080p MKV files on XBMC, VLC, WMP and WMPC. Playback quality differs across these programs but I haven't seen truly smooth and high quality playback in any of them (it stutters or the output is distorted). Hardware acceleration only works in regular WMP (can you imagine?).

I'd like to ask some questions:
- What VGA drivers did you use? The ones on the CD, from the Shuttle website or from the AMD website?
- Wat version of XBMC did you use? Are you using a 32bit or 64bit Windows? Is it Windows 7 you use?
- Does anyone have any experience running Linux on this machine?

Best regards,

theenduser
(2012-08-21, 09:01)theenduser Wrote: - What VGA drivers did you use? The ones on the CD, from the Shuttle website or from the AMD website?
- Wat version of XBMC did you use? Are you using a 32bit or 64bit Windows? Is it Windows 7 you use?

I believe I used the included drivers initially (copied to a USB drive).
I started with XBMC Dharma and upgraded to Eden. I am running 64-bit Windows 7.
I haven't tried using Linux.

How are you connecting to your media? Is it local, on a USB drive or over a network? Are you wired or wireless? I noticed some stuttering with the V1/V2 Shuttles because of the 10/100 connection when playing some 1080p content but I haven't noticed it since I upgraded to a v3 box.
Hi,

i did buy this unit,
it was impossible for me to make openelec or xbmcbuntu work properly
problem of driver (LAN and Sound), even the lats builds

if someone have a solution...
i didn't want to install windows
Hi I just bought one of these of eBay, should be getting it tomorrow, cant wait. I gonna put 2gb ram and a 80gb hard drive. Also bought a xbox 360 controller for windows as my remote.
http://www.game-debate.com, this is a good website for checking what games can be played on this.
does this come with a free mini-pci-express slot.
(2012-08-27, 18:54)zanande Wrote: Hi,

i did buy this unit,
it was impossible for me to make openelec or xbmcbuntu work properly
problem of driver (LAN and Sound), even the lats builds

if someone have a solution...
i didn't want to install windows

unfortunately ive only tried windows, i know theres issues with drivers under linux especially with the ati video cards...
the sound device is
PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100&REV_1002\5&3A24ED89&0&0001

under windows and maybe you can find an equivalent driver with this

(2012-08-21, 23:33)longsh0t Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 09:01)theenduser Wrote: - What VGA drivers did you use? The ones on the CD, from the Shuttle website or from the AMD website?

I believe I used the included drivers initially (copied to a USB drive).
I started with XBMC Dharma and upgraded to Eden. I am running 64-bit Windows 7.
I haven't tried using Linux.

How are you connecting to your media? Is it local, on a USB drive or over a network? Are you wired or wireless? I noticed some stuttering with the V1/V2 Shuttles because of the 10/100 connection when playing some 1080p content but I haven't noticed it since I upgraded to a v3 box.

Thnx for your response longsh0t. I finally got smooth playback by installing XBMCbuntu (mid-august pre-frodo) and using the Catalyst driver. By the way, it's local storage (external hdd).

If anyone is experiencing wireless issues in Linux, make sure you have a kernel => 3.4. If not, you have to download the correct drivers and make / make install.
Is anyone else having problems with slow wireless
I just installed XBMCbuntu on a XS35GTA V3,

Only thing so far, that gave me any trouble was sound, here's what i did to fix it:

After installing XBMCbuntu, with default settings and update installer checked, i ssh to the device:
run "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y" when that is done reboot.
run "aplay -L" that gave me a list of all sound device's, here i picked the hdmi device "hdmi:CARD=Generic,DEV=0" and wrote that in XBMC as a custom sound device. reboot
That gave me sound while playing movies and music.
So far i haven't found a way to get menu sound, yet...

Notice that im not using wifi or surround, so cant help out here...

/Nitti
Hi Guys,
I have also bought an XS35GTA V3 or XS35GS V3 in the US with Windows 7 x64, 4GB RAM and an 128GB SSD in it. I've tried different types of players but I can't seem to get the video working correctly. In Plex the Video is only playing normally when 720p mkv files are played. It's not smooth but bearable to watch. With 1080p content everything is stuttering. VLC is sometimes working with 1080p mkv's but still not really smooth. XBMC is also stuttering with 1080p content. The hardware acceleration seems tro be not supported.
All in all the picture quality on the Shuttle isn't as near as good as when played directly over the TV. I installed the drivers from this Site, cause I got no DVD Drive: http://global.shuttle.com/products/produ...&panelId=2
Can anyone plz help me and name which drivers and configuration is perfectly working for them?
Thank you.

Cheers,
Martin
interesting... i dont have any issues at all playing 1080p in xbmc, i do notice a little lag in vlc playing 1080p only.
My config is Windows 7 32 bit, 4 GB ram, and 320GB HDD with blueray device.
I used the software off the CD, but downloaded the newest firmware (i was having RAM/display issues before the update), i suspect my version of the driver is NOT the current version! ill update with driver details!
My movie files are running off an external USB drive, how are you trying to play content? locally off your SSD? or LAN/wireless?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shuttle XS35GT-V3 - fanless, AMD 7410m, ATOM D27000