• 5(current)
Shuttle XS35GT-V3 - fanless, AMD 7410m, ATOM D2700
Thanks for the answer.
My files are all attached locally over USB. I have two external drives over USB running. Haven't tried playback from the SSD yet. Did you change any settings in the XBMC menu or did you install any additional codecs? I'm thinking to make a second partition and install XBMCbuntu on it just for trying.
Why did you choose Windows 7 32Bit when you have installed 4GB of RAM? You can't use all 4GB of RAM with 32 Bit. Maybe the Graphic Driver doesn't support Win 7 x64 quiet as good as x86?!
no new codecs, very standard and easy build!
litterally, ive only installed windows 7, then xbmc, vlc, utorrent and firefox... thats about it!
did you do a bios update?
Installing latest catalyst driver in win will it make any difference?
Have you tried xbmcubuntu with frodo?
yeah i did a bios update to XS35X300.106. mhhh that's very weird. unfortunately I have no dvd drive to make a new clean install with the old drivers :-( the laptop i use has also none. ok i just found out when i press "m" and the go to video settings an choose "deinterlace video" to on and the DXVA Best the playback looks smoother. still not as good as directly played on the tv.
would you have the kindness and maybe upload the graphic driver you used to any hoster (dropbox, google drive, rapidshare, etc.)?
when deinterlace video is on off i also have a lot of awful screen tearing Undecided
(2012-09-29, 15:13)solamnic Wrote: Installing latest catalyst driver in win will it make any difference?
Have you tried xbmcubuntu with frodo?

where do i find them? i installed the latest from the shuttle download web site: http://global.shuttle.com/products/produ...&panelId=2

i didn't find anything on the amd download site. can't even find the graphics card there.
no, i haven't tried xbmcubuntu yet.
I did use the gfx driver on shuttle site..
Dont know if installing latest catalyst (from amd site, radeon hd driver 7xxxx) would do any good.
Btw i tied latest nighly build and it resolved some of the previous crashes i encountered with eden (when accessing my lan)

Will test more...
Today i installed latest openelec build on my shuttle... Gfx card was recognized as ati 6430 and not 7410 ...
Played back some files from usb hard drive 720p and 1080 p , there was excessive tearing ... On the other hand sound seemed ok...

I must find the time to test it on win64 Smile
fyi my driver display driver version is 8.920.0.0, 9/11/2011
Driver version 11/6/2012 v. 8.980.0.0

Also tested some 1080p over lan (under windows 64) ....

Playback was really smooth ....

Will test some bluray isos now...
Tested and bluray isos over Lan... They played back ok... This was under win 64 ..

So far the player - forgive me meant htpc -seems really nice..

Havent managed to have smooth playback in latest frodo openelec...

Btw as a remote i use the xbmc commander in ipad ... Really impressive Smile
Ordered this also Smile
what openelec are you using for this shuttle?
(2012-08-27, 18:54)zanande Wrote: Hi,

i did buy this unit,
it was impossible for me to make openelec or xbmcbuntu work properly
problem of driver (LAN and Sound), even the lats builds

if someone have a solution...
i didn't want to install windows

The NIC is a JMicron JMC250 Gigabit NIC. You can get the latest drivers at their site: ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/Ethernet/Linux/

Untar it and then:
Code:
make
sudo make install
sudo modprobe -r jme && modprobe jme

The update your initramfs
Code:
sudo update-initramfs
And change your NIC:
Code:
sudo ethtool -s eth0 speed 1000 duplex full

It should work now...
Got this delivered today and all setup.

4GB DDR3 Ram , 60gb Intel 330 SSD, Slimline Bluray Drive,

Windows x64 , XBMC Eden , XBMC Launcher 2.2 with CCC (AMD)

Boots right into xbmc from power button, doesnt load the windows shell so saves loads of memory Smile

1080p 15gb mkv playback flawless Smile , streaming flawless also Smile 1080p SBS 3D mkv .... yep, flawless Smile

Very happy with this purchase.
Which BR Drive have you bought?
Have you installed latest catalyst from amd site or from shuttle site?
Sony BC-5550H-01 Slim Blu-ray Combo

and used the drivers from shuttle site.

Tried lots of skins on xbmc and all good Smile my personal preference is refocus for speed and minimal look.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shuttle XS35GT-V3 - fanless, AMD 7410m, ATOM D27000