Win Cannot get my Movie collection into the library
Hi everybody

I have now tried several hours to find a proper solution for my problem, but it seems I need help from someone with more experience.

I am normally using Windows Media Center and Media Browser in addition with Arcsoft Total Media Theater. Until now everthing worked fine. Now here is the thing. I bought an IPAD and tried to get my collection running on that. I also wanted to have all necesary metadata as well. So I tried to find an application for the IPAD using the Media Browser engine. Seems like something like that does not exist.
So I gave XBMC a try and surprise, many suitabable apps to use. On my HTPC I installed the EDEN version with teh Aeon MQ3 Skin. HTPC server is configured and seems to be running, but without a proper collection that's useless.

Now. I still want to use Media Browser as I personally like the way Media is presented on TV better, but I want to use XBMC for the IPAD. Basically, I want to use both at the same time. I figured out a way to get the metadata for both XMBC and Media Browser using Meta Browser. But I cannot get any of my DVDs or BluRays of my collection into the library. The only thing that works are the TV Shows that are not in DVD structure. I would appreciate any help. And fyi, Media Browser takes the following structure without any complaints. My structure looks something like this:

Movies
--->2012 (2009) - DVD
------>AUDIO_TS
------>VIDEO_TS
--------->VIDEO_TS.IFO

-->Many more DVDs

--->Bunraku (2010) - BluRay
------>BDMV
--------->index.bdmv
------>CERTIFICATE

--->Many more BluRays

TV Shows
--->Taken (2002) - DVD
------>Season 1
--------->Taken 1x01 - Beyond the Sky
------------>AUDIO_TS
------------>VIDEO_TS
--------------->VIDEO_TS.IFO

--->Many more series in DVD structure

--->Alias (2001)
------>Season 1
--------->Alias 1x01 - Truth Be Told.avi
------>Season 2

Thank you in advance.
Really, nobody can help. Please any advise?
Did you check the wiki? Adding videos to the library (wiki), NFO (wiki), and probably some other links floating around there.
Yes,
I did check out all the forums and pages and every help i could find. Unfortunately, there was nothing useful in there.
I already have NFOs in place, but it looks like xbmc does not care.
I thought I might be able to adjust the advancedsettings.xml to recognize the VIDEO_TS.IFO, but that correction does not even work for the TV Shows.

Still looking for possible explanations or guides how to fix my problem. I am open to suggestions.
For movies:

Set content on the "Movies" folder, set "Movies in separate folders named like the movie", and scan.

TV shows are a little trickier - you need to add a regexp that allows it to look in the foldername.

Get movies going first, come back once done.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi there I wanna give XBMC another try.

I already managed to set up my Movie collection and TV Show collection. I still have a Problem with the TV Shows that are in DVD form like:

TV Shows
--->Taken (2002) - DVD
------>Season 1
--------->Taken 1x01 - Beyond the Sky
------------>AUDIO_TS
------------>VIDEO_TS
--------------->VIDEO_TS.IFO

I already tried zu set up a advanced settings.xml with the following regexp. But it does not work. Any ideas, what I am doing wrong here?

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching append="no">
<regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

THX

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot get my Movie collection into the library1