3D HTPC Build with XBMC Help
Hi Guys,

Im fairly new to this, I was just hoping to get as much feedback as possible. So thank you for reading my post.

My situation is that I am wanting to buy a HTPC which I am are able to watch downloaded 3D movies and all my other 1080 movies. I will be purchasing a 3D TV shortly . I also want to be able to access XBMC with a logitech harmony remote.
All my movie's are stored on external hard drives at the moment(3x1TB & 1x2TB). I have been thinking of buying a file server to connect to the HTPC, but that wont be until a little later. I do want the machine to start up as fast as possible.

After look through so many different posts. I have come across this build.

CPU - Intel Core i3 2100S
CPU - Silverstone Nt07
MOBO - Asus P8H67-EVO
MEMORY - 4GB Kingston HyperXLoVo
CASE - nMEdiaPC 1000B
PSU - Seasonic X460 Fanless 460W

This might be a stupid question but...as I am watching downloaded 1080/3D movies that are already on the hard drive, I do not need to get a blue ray player, right?

Thank you again for reading , I welcome all your thoughts

Correct. You don't need a bluray drive for media already on a hard drive.

You should invest in a SSD for the OS. Take a look at my hardware guide for my recommendations.
(2012-07-01, 04:04)assassin Wrote: Correct. You don't need a bluray drive for media already on a hard drive.

You should invest in a SSD for the OS. Take a look at my hardware guide for my recommendations.

HI, Thank you for the reply. Your guide was very helpful.

After reading your guide I was thinking of this:
Ivy Bridge i5 3450 3.1 GHz Quad Core
ASUS p8H77-I
G Skill 4 GB (2 x 2GB) DDR 1600
Seagate Barrcude Green 2TB 5900RPM
Seasonic X Series Fanless 400 watt Modular
Silverstone GD05B - ~~Can I replace with a Realan E-i5 mini-ITX HTPC~~
SSD Intel 330 series maplel crest 120gb sata III

Logitech Remote
HP IR Adapter

Would all of these components work together? Is there anything I'm missing or double up on?

Thank you
More memory never hurts - especially considering 8GB is fairly cheap now.

I have a similar setup for watching 3D movies using XBMC on a projector screen.

I got a HP N40L microsserver for AUD 250. very capable little box. Just upgraded to 8 GB memory and ATI 5450HD video card.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D HTPC Build with XBMC Help0