Could XBMC use some other file instead of .nfo
XBMC is using a filename.nfo, but usually I've already have a nfo file including some media infomation like this:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::Release Name: Formula1.2012.Mclaren.Car.Unveiling.720p.HDTV.x264-FTP
:::Air Date : 11 March 2012
:::FTP Release Date : 11 March 2012
:::Video Format : X264 (MKV Container)
:::Video Resolution : 1280 X 720
:::Audio Stream : AC3
:::Release Size : 16 Files 746MB
:::Genre : Documentary
:::Broardcast Channel: SKY F1 HD
:::CRF Value : 21
Description:
unveiling the new Mclaren 2012 Formula 1 Car
URL Link :

And this will be overrided by XBMC, this is not good, will xmbc change this ?
nfo files have broad support, are (somewhat) standardized, and are easily readable by a program. The same does not seem true for the file example you've provided, so I would say that support for it is unlikely.
I guess didn't make myself understood.

1. Usually when I download something, it also brings me a nfo file, like this:
If.You.Are.The.One.II.2010.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-WiKi.mkv
If.You.Are.The.One.II.2010.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-WiKi.md5
If.You.Are.The.One.II.2010.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-WiKi.nfo

The uploader put some media info about the mkv in the nfo file like this:
Quote: █▄▄█ ░ █▄▄ ░ █▀▄█ █▄ ▒ █
▓ █▄ █▄ ▄▄█ █ █ █ █ █▄█
▄▀

If.You.Are.The.One.II.2010.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-WiKi

NAME.................: If.You.Are.The.One.II
GENRE................: Comedy | Romance
RATiNG...............: 5.5/10 (68 votes)
iMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1815751/
RELEASE DATE.........: 2011-03-23
ENCODE BY............: versacer
RUNTiME..............: 2h:2m:42s
FiLE SiZE............: 12.0 GiB
ViDEO CODEC..........: x264 12.5 Mbps
AUDiO CODEC..........: Mandarin DTS @ 1.5 Mbps
FRAMERATE............: 23.976
RESOLUTiON...........: 1920x816
LANGUAGE.............: Chinese
SUBTiTLES............: None
SOURCE...............: BluRay 1080i AVC D

2. XBMC is using a nfo file to store movie information in it, which named filename.nfo too, that means my original nfo file will be overrided.
But in fact, XBMC is using a xml file, XMBC does not need the extention "nfo", it will also work well with anything else. So why not making some change?

3. In a word, XBMC does not need a "nfo", but some users need, will XMBC do us a favor ?
So that every XBMC user who made custom NFO files will have to rename all of those NFOs to something else? What information do you loose from the original NFO apart from that you downloaded it from sowhere, the name of the encoder and the source of the rip? All other information is retrieved by XBMC from the media file and using scrapers and it will add even more information.

Furthermore XBMC only creates the NFOs if you explicitely tell it to by exporting your video database into seperate files.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
FYI, XBMC will not overwrite your .nfo files by default. This only happens in case you tell XBMC to export the videodb to separate files along your actual media.

EDIT: Montellese beat me Smile
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-07-02, 14:46)Montellese Wrote: So that every XBMC user who made custom NFO files will have to rename all of those NFOs to something else? What information do you loose from the original NFO apart from that you downloaded it from sowhere, the name of the encoder and the source of the rip? All other information is retrieved by XBMC from the media file and using scrapers and it will add even more information.

Furthermore XBMC only creates the NFOs if you explicitely tell it to by exporting your video database into seperate files.

also had some files with .nfo exstansion and had to rename them =)
(2012-07-02, 14:46)Montellese Wrote: So that every XBMC user who made custom NFO files will have to rename all of those NFOs to something else? What information do you loose from the original NFO apart from that you downloaded it from sowhere, the name of the encoder and the source of the rip? All other information is retrieved by XBMC from the media file and using scrapers and it will add even more information.

u know, some uploader/encoder will ask you keep the their nfo file when you upload the movie to somewhere else.

Anyway, I got the idea. I have to modify XBMC myself if I think it deserves.

Thanks.

(2012-07-02, 14:51)vdrfan Wrote: FYI, XBMC will not overwrite your .nfo files by default. This only happens in case you tell XBMC to export the videodb to separate files along your actual media.

EDIT: Montellese beat me Smile

Thanks. I'm newbie for XBMC, I'll keep learning.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could XBMC use some other file instead of .nfo0