No repetition using LIRC
I have set up XBMC to work with my IR remote which means I've entered key names & numbers in lircd.conf and Lircmap.xml. Just one thing missing: When I press and hold down some buttons (e g volume +/-) I want the command to be repeated automatically.

I tried adding <remotedelay>3</remotedelay> and <remoterepeat>300</remoterepeat> to advancedsettings.xml and I've also tried changing the parameters one, zero, ptrail, repeat & gap in lircd.conf but no repetition.

When LIRC is used for other applications than XBMC, one uses an additional config file .lircrc to control each button and it has two parameters delay and config. I thought this was for choosing repetition functionality, but perhaps it is just the same as the parameters in advancedsettings.xml but applied to all buttons?

Could someone who has a remote working with LIRC/XBMC please tell me if you have repetition or not? So that I know if it is supposed to repeat or not by default.
Nobody in the world uses XBMC with a remote? Undecided
i primarily run windows for my xbmc machines, and havent used lirc or winlirc as it was, for quiet some time.

maybe you could provide some more info about your system? i assume its linux, but i think most os's have lirc ports avail?

perhaps more ppl will chime in ??
Hi! Sure, I'm using Linux Mint but also tried Ubuntu. But I thought most XBMC users use LIRC, isn't that the only way to get an IR remote to work?
(2012-07-13, 10:09)DavidGGG Wrote: Hi! Sure, I'm using Linux Mint but also tried Ubuntu. But I thought most XBMC users use LIRC, isn't that the only way to get an IR remote to work?
Many of us use MCE Remotes or knock-offs, which send the equivalent of keyboard keypresses. These types of remotes work well in both Windows and Linux. No LIRC required.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No repetition using LIRC0